Link Posted: 2/24/2023 7:21:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Double tap
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 7:22:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Noice.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 7:39:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Does the M14x1LH one index off of the muzzle?
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 7:56:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Just to clarify, not officially licensed?
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:00:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:08:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:35:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Negative, I've contacted Q several times regarding this and no response. I assume there is nothing to officially license.

We were working on a licensing agreement with another company but getting "design approval" was a PITA so we went with the Q system.

It's simple, solid, and the silencer industry needs better standardization of a QD type mounting system.

This will require an open source design that other companies that actually produce parts can use because most larger silencer companies don't machine any of their parts so availability sucks and options are limited.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just to clarify, not officially licensed?

Negative, I've contacted Q several times regarding this and no response. I assume there is nothing to officially license.

We were working on a licensing agreement with another company but getting "design approval" was a PITA so we went with the Q system.

It's simple, solid, and the silencer industry needs better standardization of a QD type mounting system.

This will require an open source design that other companies that actually produce parts can use because most larger silencer companies don't machine any of their parts so availability sucks and options are limited.

Nice
To be fair, Q has needed a FH option forever. They finally release one but one design is stupid. Open and closed time should be two standard options
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:44:37 PM EDT
[#8]
@Wolfpackarmory
@Machine_gunner22
Is there enough material at the back for the Q/Sig taper to be cut in?
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 1:25:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

We considered indexing off of the muzzle but decided to advise to remove the front sight detent and index off of the front sight.

These do have a shoulder inside so they could be indexed off of the muzzle.

If your setup needs indexed off the muzzle then just add a note on the order and we can include a 0.150" spacer that goes between the shoulder and the muzzle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does the M14x1LH one index off of the muzzle?

We considered indexing off of the muzzle but decided to advise to remove the front sight detent and index off of the front sight.

If your setup needs indexed off the muzzle then just add a note on the order and we can include a 0.150" spacer that goes between the shoulder and the muzzle.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 8:32:58 AM EDT
[#10]
These work with rearden atlas right? It's all plan b?
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 12:02:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice. Now make your own mount with a left-hand thread and LH on the muzzle devices and call it Plan X, lol.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 12:35:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Nice. Now make your own mount with a left-hand thread and LH on the muzzle devices and call it Plan X, lol.
View Quote

That's gold, Jerry! Gold!
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 4:15:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sorry I'm simple, but if you're using the spacer in between the shoulder and MD to attempt to facemount the muzzle device wouldn't that just be mounting off the shoulder/front sight post which defeats the whole purpose?

I thought face mounting was intentionally designed to not come in contact with the shoulder/front sight as that is what will cause misalignment in the AK platform?

https://youtu.be/fxkSwALglyE <- explanation of jmac face mount devices for folks who think I'm speaking crazy talk.

I would love to buy your devices for all my AKs if they could be successfully face mounted but maybe I'm just misunderstanding or reading it wrong.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 11:08:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 11:08:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 11:16:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 11:30:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The spacer would go inside the flash hider between the muzzle end of the barrel and the shoulder at the end of the threads inside the flash hider.

It would work by tightening up on the muzzle before the wrench flats would contact the front sight.

This would also be necessary for barrels without a shoulder or front sight.

View Quote

Ok thank you explaining it in five year old terms!

I'm def buying a few for my AKs.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 11:36:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yes, there is enough threads. We plan to offer that as an option as soon as I program it out.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Yes, there is enough threads. We plan to offer that as an option as soon as I program it out.

Quoted:
@Wolfpackarmory
@Machine_gunner22
Is there enough material at the back for the Q/Sig taper to be cut in?

That is fantastic!! I'll be in for at least four of them
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 12:57:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 2:25:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Good deal, do you want them nitrided? If so, I can knock out a few tomorrow before they go to nitride.
View Quote

Sig taper AND nitrided??

Heck yes!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 7:51:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Those look really clean. Price is right too. I’ll be in for a couple.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 4:46:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 4:53:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Very nice, options are always good and the price seems right!
I would love to see a short linear comp mount for the Plan B...
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 5:54:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I got a few of these machined and will be heading out to nitride. Just make a note on your order that you want the tapered ones. I have not added that as a product option yet.
View Quote

I have my order in for two 1/2x28 and two 5/8x24 with the note you requested! Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 10:20:38 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't use plan b mounts but those are a thing of beauty!
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 11:37:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Well I ordered one. Look forward to trying it out.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 1:21:41 PM EDT
[#28]
The product page for the Night Howler does not list the respective bore sizes
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 2:34:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 3:07:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Any plans to make an Xeno-compatible muzzle devices?  I'd love more Xeno brake options.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 6:20:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Any plans to make an Xeno-compatible muzzle devices?  I'd love more Xeno brake options.
View Quote

Like I said, the world needs a Plan-X, lol.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 7:45:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The bore on all of these is 0.45" at the smallest diameter. We can bore that larger if needed but I will get that added to the description.
View Quote

So .458 Socom/45-70 would require a bit larger bore ?
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 1:17:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 1:19:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 2:19:01 PM EDT
[#35]
That's cool!
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 8:03:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Just wanted to respond I got my muzzle devices and they look great!  Unfortunately even with the provide spacer they would still reach the FSB before bottoming out when trying to facemount.  I think the spacers probably need to be doubled in length as it didn't work on my vepr, saiga, or wasr
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 5:06:40 PM EDT
[#37]
So to follow-up to my last post.

The measurements from my Draco is 15mm, Factory WASR (not parts kit) 14mm , slant back VEPR 15mm.

I measured the spacer at 5mm, I attempted to measure the internal threading of the muzzle device and think I came to 20mm.  If that is correct then it has 15mm of threading which explains why the devices are hitting the FSP.  I'm not an engineer by any means (computer science major) but possibly a 7-8mm spacer could work and be universal?  I'm unsure of PSA barrel thread length but that would have to be taken into account as well since they move allot of volume.  Could anyone with a PSA rifle measure the length of their threading?

Please see my pictures here where I did the measurements with my calipers.

https://imgur.com/a/KELYhLp

Please note I have a North Carolina education so if I messed up please go easy.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 9:56:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
So to follow-up to my last post.

The measurements from my Draco is 15mm, Factory WASR (not parts kit) 14mm , slant back VEPR 15mm.

I measured the spacer at 5mm, I attempted to measure the internal threading of the muzzle device and think I came to 20mm.  If that is correct then it has 15mm of threading which explains why the devices are hitting the FSP.  I'm not an engineer by any means (computer science major) but possibly a 7-8mm spacer could work and be universal?  I'm unsure of PSA barrel thread length but that would have to be taken into account as well since they move allot of volume.  Could anyone with a PSA rifle measure the length of their threading?

Please see my pictures here where I did the measurements with my calipers.

https://imgur.com/a/KELYhLp

Please note I have a North Carolina education so if I messed up please go easy.
View Quote

Is that an external or internal spacer?  Using an external spacer means the muzzle device indexes (remotely) on the surface of the front sight post assembly which very likely is not at a perfect 90 degrees to the barrel bore. So a bigger spacer can thread up correctly but the muzzle device may not be coaxial to the barrel bore.  So you will want to check bore alignment by eye by bore sighting, or use a gauge rod in the bore.

If the muzzle device has an inside step then an internal spacer there might index more concentric off the barrel muzzle.  Probably a custom length inside spacer is the best approach.

Short, large bore cans can mate to AKs ok.  Longer, skinnier bore cans are less tolerant of off axis mounting.

ETA: just read back through entire thread. Sounds like you just need a longer internal spacer.  Caveats on suppressing AKs still apply.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 7:04:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

ETA: just read back through entire thread. Sounds like you just need a longer internal spacer.  Caveats on suppressing AKs still apply.
View Quote

Yes this is the main point.  I've sent all the measurements to wolf pack so maybe they can adjust the size spacers they include for face mounting on AKs.  Was just posting here for everyone's awareness and general information when it comes to face mounting.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 10:54:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 10:54:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Dead Air lets companies like Blackout Defense and Forward Controls make badass muzzle devices that the people want.

I’m a Q fan but Kevin needs to get with the program. I’m a Cherry Bomb user but I would love to see other options, like this.

Has anyone bothered to look up to see if there is a patent filed on the Q taper mounts. Not even sure if that could be protected unless it was an exact copy of the CB or that ugly ass flash hider.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 11:12:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Dead Air lets companies like Blackout Defense and Forward Controls make badass muzzle devices that the people want.

Kevin needs to get with the program. I would love to see other options, like this.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/4/2023 11:35:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I’m a Q fan but Kevin needs to get with the program. I’m a Cherry Bomb user but I would love to see other options, like this.

Has anyone bothered to look up to see if there is a patent filed on the Q taper mounts. Not even sure if that could be protected unless it was an exact copy of the CB or that ugly ass flash hider.
View Quote

There is no patent, and there are quite a few companies just making them anyway.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 11:48:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Open sources wins the race…
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 1:32:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

There is no patent, and there are quite a few companies just making them anyway.
View Quote

Who else makes a Q Taper mount pattern muzzle device?

ETA - clarifying that what I’m looking for is muzzle devices that accept 25 degree taper on barrel.

My biggest hope for the rifle industry is that they catch on and realize that 25 degree is the way of the future. Quit jacking with 90 degree shoulders.

Want to still use 90 degree muzzle devices? No problem, a $20 adapter is available to compensate for tapered barrels.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 4:50:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 5:53:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

We can add the 25 degree taper on these if you add a note on the order.
View Quote

Yeah I saw that. I think that’s great.

Not sure others are doing it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 9:19:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Who else makes a Q Taper mount pattern muzzle device?

ETA - clarifying that what I’m looking for is muzzle devices that accept 25 degree taper on barrel.

View Quote

Not trying to hijack his thread but we do it at Rearden for the last ~ 2 years.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 10:34:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Any plans for a closed bottom version of the Night Howler?
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 2:11:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top