Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2021 7:52:53 AM EDT
Do any of you have a Larue Tranquilo suppressor?  I had seen on another post that someone was able to pick one up for $399, any information on that would be awesome.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 8:13:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes I have one.  To get it for $400 you need to buy and UU kit and then give them a call to order it for that price.  I think there is a stupid long wait for them also.

It’s big it’s heavy it does an amazing job with eliminating blowback.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 8:40:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 8:45:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Ok, thanks for the information.  I bought the ultimate upper kit and a stripped lower from them on 03/01/21 so hopefully I can get the deal on the can.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 8:46:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Awesome, thank you!
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 8:46:44 AM EDT
[#5]
We purchased 10 OBR’s for work after T&E’ing various .308 platforms. Mark Larue would only sell us the guns with his muzzle device/suppressors. Noticeably louder first round when compared to AAC 762SDN6 as well as Surefire Socom equipped on other gas guns shooting side by side. Aw for poi shift it averaged around 1.5 moa with Gold Medal Match. No surprise he’s blowing them out at that price...
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 8:55:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Does the suppressor cut any of the db/noise or only reduce blowback?  Does it cut down the concussive blast?
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 1:58:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We purchased 10 OBR's for work after T&E'ing various .308 platforms. Mark Larue would only sell us the guns with his muzzle device/suppressors. Noticeably louder first round when compared to AAC 762SDN6 as well as Surefire Socom equipped on other gas guns shooting side by side. Aw for poi shift it averaged around 1.5 moa with Gold Medal Match. No surprise he's blowing them out at that price...
View Quote
He's not blowing anything out, that combo deal has been available for a long time.  It's an add-on option on the web site when you purchase.

It appears to be a simple baffle design with a wrap-around bypass feature.  For the money it's a "why not?" thing for most, and it's hard to find an owner who's not happy with it.  It seems to do a decent job lowering back-pressure according to all user reports I've seen.

For ultimate performance I'm sure CGS is much better, but it's in a completely different price range.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 1:59:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Does the suppressor cut any of the db/noise or only reduce blowback?  Does it cut down the concussive blast?
View Quote
I've yet to find anybody testing it with a meter, but all users I've seen are happy with the suppression performance.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 2:15:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 8:29:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I like mine.  Handles gas fine, brass ejection at 4:00 and kills muzzle blast effectively.  

Is it the quietest? No.  However it does what it does well for my AR10/308.

Have several other brands of suppressors.  They all have their pros and cons.  

The quietness spec IMHO is over rated.  Accuracy and repeatability are more important in my book.

Link Posted: 5/1/2021 3:29:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I’ve bought 3 of them at the $399 price. They’re great. Repeatable out to 1K yards, and I’m saying that after several thousand rounds.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 3:52:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a couple, they are good cans.  Handles full auto (M16) well.  $399 a piece I wish I had a couple more.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:58:05 AM EDT
[#13]
I ordered mine June 2020 and it arrived at my LGS and I was able to start the stamp process in March 2021. I won't have any usage experience until October at least.

If you already are buying their UUK and can get the can at that price, and are patient or can just order it and forget about it, I think it's worth it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:07:53 PM EDT
[#14]
They need to make it asr compatible.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:20:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They need to make it asr compatible.
View Quote

Way too much pride involved
Maybe Nick at ECCO could convert
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top