Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2020 9:59:04 AM EDT
I'm about to pull the trigger on 2 cans.  My last can I bought was 11/19, and it was approved 5/20, 6 months.  If I order now, there is a chance I won't even see these cans until next February, at the earliest.  Due to what's going on with all of the political crap - anyone else nervous about dropping all of these funds with the possibility that you will never see them??  I know I am...
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 10:05:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Im not really worried, but who knows. Im waiting on 3 currently.checks cashed on 13 Aug so ......................................
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 10:08:23 AM EDT
[#2]
not really. iv got 7 cans on wait right now, and dont expect to get the stamps until around january.  even if it was delayed until next august im not worried. getting rid of NFA is about dead last on the federal gun control platform. it might happen, but not until they banned everything else first.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 10:16:25 AM EDT
[#3]
No.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 10:24:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Nationally no, state yes. Virginia was closer then any of us would feel comfortable with banning suppressors along with lots of other things. They will be back next year and try the same thing. One day it might actually pass.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 10:32:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I’m not worried and I currently have 8 in jail.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 10:33:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm not. I've got several suppressors in process and will have a Form 4 in for a MG soon.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 10:45:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No.
View Quote

There may be individual states Fucking around but nationally, no
I’m hoping my last one clears before Christmas (May pending) and I paid for a DD
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 1:16:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm honestly more concerned if there are issues with the election, and there are gov't shutdowns.  So consider the election is contested until Jan, and Speaker of the house gets in as temporary president.  If that happens, I doubt that ATF will be working on their current backlog of applications.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 1:40:47 PM EDT
[#9]
If you’ve found something in stock that you want and can afford, including affording the opportunity cost of not spending it on something else, I wouldn’t let uncontrollable delays be a concern. Those risks are always there.  If you add your own delay, then you’ve guaranteed a longer wait. Plus if the election goes to Biden there will likely be a panic buying spree as a reaction, so you have to weigh all the various counter scenarios and risk.

Fun times.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 1:51:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I’m not. I have a feeling if stuff really gets that bad a lot of us won’t be worried about the stamp anymore :-/
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 10:48:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm honestly more concerned if there are issues with the election, and there are gov't shutdowns.  So consider the election is contested until Jan, and Speaker of the house gets in as temporary president.  If that happens, I doubt that ATF will be working on their current backlog of applications.
View Quote

Don't have a dog in this fight.  But that would be a concern for me.

EDIT:  However, the fact that NFA transfers are revenue producing may protect against new legislation or major slowdowns.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 11:01:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Only have one left pending atm and would order more if yhm would ramp up production
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 5:17:28 AM EDT
[#13]
My first 3 still have a while to go but I’m not worried

Assuming Biden wins and Dems take the senate and keep the house they will try and get some stuff done but there are still checks and balances and after 2 years when the people see the government leaning one way they will naturally want bring it back to center Republicans will get house or senate and boom gridlock

It always seems to end up in griblock one way or another
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 8:28:42 AM EDT
[#14]
No. NFA items are too low profile to be high on any politicians high priority list. It might happen eventually, but not within the next six months, they'll try to ban semi-auto rifles long before anything on the NFA is touched.

I just ordered a can yesterday.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 6:40:40 PM EDT
[#15]
My second of Two Cans which I bought in February is somewhat overdue for APPROVAL.
The first had a 193 Day Wait; Feb 4 to August 15.
I'm now - at this time - Day 196; Feb 29 -

I'm finally starting to feel anxious.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 12:01:44 AM EDT
[#16]
If it really went south I’m sure some shops would say fuck it. Everyone come get your shit.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 2:28:33 PM EDT
[#17]
as long as you get your check cashed before any legislation starts serious discussions, you are nearly 100% likely to get your can...  Last thing ATF wants to do is deal with a bazillion cans in the pipeline, whether on form 4s or 3s...

Now if there is legislation discussed and is about to pass, and thousands put in forms the week before, could go either way for that last batch.  In other words, get your cans in before inauguration day.

Link Posted: 9/13/2020 8:03:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Ive got 5 in jail now but Im not worried for the most part.
I think the biggest issue is the Dims get a gun ban happening where you have to register everything NFA and it slows my cans down!

With these riots, burning, looting and the complete lack of response from the left Im pretty much of the mind that no matter what laws they pass they can screw themselves, Im not paying attention.
I seriously doubt they would be able to enforce anything up here where Im at anyway.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 12:03:02 PM EDT
[#19]
My dealer sent me a text and said the stamp for the suppressor I bought in March came back today.

Just over 6 months.  That should be reassuring.  I file as individual.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 11:00:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My dealer sent me a text and said the stamp for the suppressor I bought in March came back today.

View Quote

That’s not bad...  although the wild card is what happens in November and then in January, which is just 4 months out.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 12:54:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Got the same call today on the one I bought in early Mar.

Got a second one still pending.

Planning on an R9 soon when that second wave of them gets released from YHM.  

I'm not worried at the moment.  If the Dems/libs win big in Nov maybe but I figure burn that bridge when you come to it.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 2:46:16 PM EDT
[#22]
My only worry as of right now when mailing the application to them in Portland was having someone burn the mail truck down along with my check and application.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 4:28:04 PM EDT
[#23]
This is really good to hear. My paperwork was sent in back in April. So keeping my fingers crossed! Mine was also as individual.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 5:31:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Off topic question. If a person used SilencerShop form 4 services will they update the status on their website if the tax stamp is approved?
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 5:35:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Off topic question. If a person used SilencerShop form 4 services will they update the status on their website if the tax stamp is approved?
View Quote

Not really. You should call your dealer or ATF. Or wait.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 7:32:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 9:50:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My only worry as of right now when mailing the application to them in Portland was having someone burn the mail truck down along with my check and application.
View Quote
I had the same thought as I wrote out their address this morning.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 12:28:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Probably not since they don't get the approved form 4, your dealer will.
View Quote

Yes, and my dealer just sent me email saying that my Form 4 (trust) was just approved.  

I'll be seeing your dad soon!  
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 10:09:07 PM EDT
[#29]
I would only worry about states changing their laws or the feds jumping the price of a tax stamp
 The $200 fee was set in 1934 and with inflation that is now over $3800.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 10:30:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If it really went south I’m sure some shops would say fuck it. Everyone come get your shit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This
is exactly why i will never own a shop.

Quoted:

Now if there is legislation discussed and is about to pass, and thousands put in forms the week before, could go either way for that last batch.  In other words, get your cans in before inauguration day.

Anything pending/recent?
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 8:31:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 8:36:48 AM EDT
[#32]
My 2 trust cans took 11 months to approve, but I wouldn't worry about not getting them.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 4:47:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

My 2 trust cans took 11 months to approve, but I wouldn't worry about not getting them.
View Quote

Dang it! I’ve got 6 on Trust right now that went in jail only 1-3 months ago (‘nother one yesterday.)
I don’t like the sound of 11 months!
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 7:53:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 8:21:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
No promises, but they may get batched for faster approval.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/20/2020 9:05:26 PM EDT
[#36]

Just picked one up that was a Form 4 Trust - 5 months almost to the day.

Took it out for the first time today...and it was 100% awesome.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 11:34:29 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm putting another can in jail this month. I need to hurry up and figure it out.

I'm not nearly as worried about not getting this one. What worries me is, with my luck, they roll out an eFile Form 4 again about two-three months after I file my Form 4 through Silencershop. I'm sure the ATF would pull that kind of a stunt just to piss me off.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 11:46:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Money speaks. I doubt that they will pull the plug on a $200 tax that thousands of people are voluntarily lining up to pay.

Link Posted: 9/24/2020 12:51:15 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No promises, but they may get batched for faster approval.

https://i.imgur.com/HoCHjMe.jpg
I don't think so.
One nice thing about 2nd shift is that I can go to the Fun State and pick up the can when they open.

Part 2 Hath Been APPROVED

1. NFA Item: Freedom Armory/TiON Minuteman
2. Transferee Type: Individual
3. Method: Paper
4. Form Mailed: February 29
6. Check Cashed: March 31
7. Pending: April 1
8. Approved: September 11
9. Dealer Call: September 23

I'd like to know, however, why the Two Week Difference between the First Suppressor and the Second Suppressor.  Same company for both Suppressors.  Same type of cans and everything.  The only difference is their serial number.  28 then 30 weeks. So I don't think that batching really helps

First
2/4/2020
8/15/2020
193 Days

Second
2/29/2020
9/23/2020
207 Days
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 1:09:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:No promises, but they may get batched for faster approval.
View Quote

Yep. Awhile back I had 10 stamps approved on the same day.  The 11th was approved the next business day.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 10:30:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Picked up my stamp and can today at LGS.  I was told the guy before me waited a year, I waited exactly 6 months, the guy behind me waited 7 months.  I was told they just received 75 stamps at the same time.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 11:39:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 11:53:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The governmtent doesn't care, they'll take the money from somewhere else
View Quote

Yes, NFA taxes are peanuts to the Government.  It's a drop in the bucket.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The governmtent doesn't care, they'll take the money from somewhere else

Agree wholeheartedly.   You think the party that wants to double down on the decades of failed handouts cares whether or not there's money in the treasury? And cares enough not to disarm patriots?  Zero for two.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm 300 days in??not looking too good
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 7:23:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Just got an Element 2 approved. Looks like I submitted it 10 June 19.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Holy cow I cannot believe how long some of you have waited / are waiting.  Just ridiculous.  Shameful and disgusting.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 8:04:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Holy cow I cannot believe how long some of you have waited / are waiting.  Just ridiculous.  Shameful and disgusting.
View Quote
I had one take two years once.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top