BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 34
Posted: 4/29/2019 10:06:50 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:10:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Hmm, so basically a DA wolf beefed up to handle rifle use? I'm interested.

9mm or .45 bore? I'm assuming it accepts all omega type mounts like the Nomad?
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:13:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:13:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
I’d like to hear how the rifle ratings changed from mine that should clear next month

I’d call the wipe a neat novelty
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:14:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
Interested to know if it can do 556. The original Wolf could 300 BO supers, right?
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:15:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Interested to know if it can do 556. The original Wolf could 300 BO supers, right?
View Quote
Yes, 300 supers

I know there’s a difference in chamber pressure and muzzle pressure etc but I’d be curious if it’s okay on 8” 300 supers, would it be fine on 16” 556
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:15:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I’d like to hear how the rifle ratings changed from mine that should clear next month
View Quote
Got to love the suppressor game

Not that it's Dead Air's--or any manufacturers--fault of course
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:16:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
That is correct. - The Original Wolf was rated 300 Blackout Super & Subs.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:19:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
I’ve got a noisy MP5 that mine will live on and a plethora of 556 cans but I wouldn’t mind using my Wolf on a 6” honey badger type 300 which is already good to go. Just wondering what he ratings might be
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:20:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Definitely interested.

Wonder if Wolverine adapters would fit the Wolfman.  Got all the adapters I'd ever need...

Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:21:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Dead air keeps rolling out cool shit.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:23:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
It has "9mm" engraved on the tube, so take that FWIW.

For fuck's sake, has this industry not learned what a lack of information does to product announcements?

A caliber rating of "Optimized for 9mm subgun platforms" is not helpful information when you just finished saying "subgun, light duty rifle, and pistol use."
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:26:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, the wolf 9sd was rated for .300blk supers. Unless they are discontinuing the 9sd I would have to assume this one will handle 5.56 (maybe even .308) if they're advertising it as a light duty rifle can. Otherwise what would be the point of having two cans so similar in their catalog?
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:26:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
From the product information released it will be compatible with Ghost-M and Wolf-9SD accessories but not the Key-Mo style threads.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:32:37 AM EDT
[#14]
What is the original Wolf construction? 400 series stainless? I see the Wolfman is 17-4 and it looks like the K configuration is about an inch longer than the K configuration of the Wolf.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:34:56 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm so glad I waited to buy the wolf!  I was hoping they would come out with a wipe end cap for it.

But does the wipe end cap only work on the Wolfman?  Will it or can it be sold as an accessory end cap legally since the Sandman and Wolf can share end caps?  I would love a wipe on my sandman L for 300 subs.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:35:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What is the original Wolf construction? 400 series stainless? I see the Wolfman is 17-4 and it looks like the K configuration is about an inch longer than the K configuration of the Wolf.
View Quote
I believe the 9sd is 17-4 as well
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:38:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ll take the old, garbage Wolf-9SD off anyone’s hand for $100, and I’ll even pay the transfer tax.

ETA: glad I waited too. The extra inch in the short configuration allowing for a bit more dB reduction would push me into the Wolfman camp instead of the Omega 9K.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:40:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I believe the 9sd is 17-4 as well
View Quote
You are correct. I found the answer in the Wolf manual which makes this announcement a bit of a puzzle to me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:42:07 AM EDT
[#19]
It looks like they teased the Wolfman yesterday in this IG post, along with another can:

DA Monsters IG post

The other can looks like it has a Keymo rear end, maybe a modular Sandman? Wipe holder end cap?
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:42:55 AM EDT
[#20]
It's a 9mm bore subgun can.  Why would you want to use it on 5.56?  It would have to be 3-lug or direct thread, unless they changed the rear mounting threads.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:50:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It's a 9mm bore subgun can.  Why would you want to use it on 5.56?  It would have to be 3-lug or direct thread, unless they changed the rear mounting threads.
View Quote
A 9mm can that could also handle occasional 5.56 use would probably be a very popular first suppressor purchase for many people. Griffin has demonstrated there is a market for it with the Optimus.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:50:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not saying I would but options are nice, and it is threaded 1/2x28.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:52:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It looks like they teased the Wolfman yesterday in this IG post, along with another can:

DA Monsters IG post

The other can looks like it has a Keymo rear end, maybe a modular Sandman? Wipe holder end cap?
View Quote
Yep looks like a modular MASK possibly.

I asked about a Mask K in a IG live video with SS the other day and he didnt see it to ask them about it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:52:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

DA Monsters IG post

View Quote
That's the Ghost-M
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:56:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:58:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That's the Ghost-M
View Quote
Yep your right. Seen the flats on the tube and remembered my mask has them.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:58:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
A 9mm can that could also handle occasional 5.56 use would probably be a very popular first suppressor purchase for many people. Griffin has demonstrated there is a market for it with the Optimus.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Has the Optimus continued to sell well?  I know they were popular pre 41F, but what about today?

It always looked like a huge trade off to me and once I added up all the extras to make it work with everything it made more sense to go with multiple suppressors.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 11:02:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Has the Optimus continued to sell well?  I know they were popular pre 41F, but what about today?

It always looked like a huge trade off to me.  Once I added up all the extras to make it work with everything it made more sense to go with multiple suppressors.
View Quote
Your right, I have one and just leave it on my M11 as a sub gun can. I have a friend that is wanting to get his first can and asked about the Optimus and told him for the price he would be better off buying a Turbo, some quality $200ish rimfire can and a blow out Kraken (which I think they are gone now).

That same logic goes for the Mystic X and any other Multi gun cans.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 11:42:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Hello All,

Here's a super quick lowdown.  I'm not going to be online much today so here's more info:

Optimized more for 300BLK and supers.  It'll be light duty, as in no full auto.  It's also optimized for 9X39.  This is now our quietest 300BLK suppressor, with averages dropping down into the low 120's.

The short configuration has been optimized for performance in 9mm.  It went from 4.1" to 5.1", but that buys you a 10dB improvement in performance on an MP5 with 3-lug.   The 3-lug is the worst case mount, with how how it moves the muzzle inside the blast chamber.  Those with fairly flush mount 3-lugs see a huge drop in performance.  We're about .3" longer than those, but it won't hurt performance.  The old design was supposed to be as short as it could go while still being hearing safe.  This time we decided to make it sound awesome.

Long configuration in 9mm will still sit in the low 120's like before also.

The wipe cap is a fun addition for the short config.  It doesn't really do much in the long config since it's already so optimized.  You can put whatever wipe you want in there as long as it's 1" diameter down to about 5/8" diameter.  There's a threaded in wipe retainer that holds it down and it has little ridges that hold odd shaped wipes well.  As in, it can be square if you never learned how to cut perfect circles with scissors.  That's a tad smaller diameter than our old Ghost one, but you can trim it down in seconds and it'll fit.  This won't be an accessory, because ATF and competitors sending letters to them.  BUT.  We should have some type of upgrade program in the future.  Also note that his is our current rifle socket pattern (1.125-28 with taper lock).  Just throwing that out there.

Todd Magee
Dead Air Monster Squad Team Lead
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 12:01:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Having shot my wolf in k config comfortably last weekend, I’m sure the extra inch will make this amazing!  I mean, who couldn’t benefit from an extra inch?
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 12:19:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Hello All,

Here's a super quick lowdown.  I'm not going to be online much today so here's more info:

Optimized more for 300BLK and supers.  It'll be light duty, as in no full auto.  It's also optimized for 9X39.  This is now our quietest 300BLK suppressor, with averages dropping down into the low 120's.

The short configuration has been optimized for performance in 9mm.  It went from 4.1" to 5.1", but that buys you a 10dB improvement in performance on an MP5 with 3-lug.   The 3-lug is the worst case mount, with how how it moves the muzzle inside the blast chamber.  Those with fairly flush mount 3-lugs see a huge drop in performance.  We're about .3" longer than those, but it won't hurt performance.  The old design was supposed to be as short as it could go while still being hearing safe.  This time we decided to make it sound awesome.

The wipe cap is a fun addition for the short config.  It doesn't really do much in the long config since it's already so optimized.  You can put whatever wipe you want in there as long as it's 1" diameter down to about 5/8" diameter.  There's a threaded in wipe retainer that holds it down and it has little ridges that hold odd shaped wipes well.  As in, it can be square if you never learned how to cut perfect circles with scissors.  That's a tad smaller diameter than our old Ghost one, but you can trim it down in seconds and it'll fit.  This won't be an accessory, because ATF and competitors sending letters to them.  BUT.  We should have some type of upgrade program in the future.  Also note that his is our current rifle socket pattern (1.125-28 with taper lock).  Just throwing that out there.

Todd Magee
View Quote
Thanks @mageever
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 12:26:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That's the Ghost-M
View Quote
Oh, yeah.  Bummer, thought there was some more cool newness being teased.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 12:38:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Also note that his is our current rifle socket pattern (1.125-28 with taper lock).  Just throwing that out there.
View Quote
Are you talking about the front or rear threads of the can?  Is this going to be Key-mo compatible?
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 12:59:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Does anyone have a wolf in for service?
I sent mine in back in February, due to a baffle strike. Can was bad out of the box.  Apparently im getting a wolfman back instead. It's just taking forever.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 1:10:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Hello All,

Todd Magee
View Quote
Thanks for the info! By upgrade program do you mean there's the potential to have a wolf 9sd upgraded to the wolfman? Because that would be awesome. I assume if this could be done there would understandably be a cost.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 2:08:19 PM EDT
[#36]
A wipe? I dont understand why the odessa 9 didnt have a wipe option.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 2:57:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It always looked like a huge trade off to me and once I added up all the extras to make it work with everything it made more sense to go with multiple suppressors.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 3:08:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Does anyone have a wolf in for service?
I sent mine in back in February, due to a baffle strike. Can was bad out of the box.  Apparently im getting a wolfman back instead. It's just taking forever.
View Quote
So, they cutting off the back end and welding up a rifle socket end and then welding a wolfmann stack in order to preserve your serial?
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 3:20:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Having shot my wolf in k config comfortably last weekend, I’m sure the extra inch will make this amazing!  I mean, who couldn’t benefit from an extra inch?
View Quote
The front half looks like it is positioned well to compete with an Omega 9k, but with modular length and wipe capability.

@mageever

Next thing you know maybe we will see a 1.5" OD Wolf/Odessa hybrid and you will be able to erector set a rifle can with a 9mm bore and mounts and front caps a la cart.  One can only hope...as  thread together baffles also would have use for short, fat, co-axial designs. That could probably be done with Odessa parts as they already exist.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 3:21:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

So, they cutting off the back end and welding up a rifle socket end and then welding a wolfmann stack in order to preserve your serial?
View Quote
I believe "current rifle socket pattern" pertained to the end cap.  The Wolf and Wolfman should have the same exact mount features.  I'm guessing the only difference on the main modules is 2 extra baffles and cleaner laser welds.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 3:36:51 PM EDT
[#41]
This all makes sense now.  I have been trying to order a wolf for awhile now and my dealer could not get one it. Looks like I better give him a call and put the money towards this
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 4:57:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don’t think this Wolfman is in the same class as the Optimus.  When used for 5.56 or 7.62 rifles, the Optimus has a .30 cal rifle blast baffle that gets installed prior to the main 9mm baffle stack.  My feeling is that the Optimus is rated for heavier duty rifle use than the Wolfman, which seems more like a Wolf SD9 with a wipe.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 5:17:37 PM EDT
[#43]
So is 9mm full auto good to go with the Wolfman?
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 5:23:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So is 9mm full auto good to go with the Wolfman?
View Quote
The man said no. He said light duty no full auto.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 5:34:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Full auto 9mm yes, 300 blk light duty is what I understand.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 5:35:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Full auto 9mm yes, 300 blk light duty is what understand.
View Quote
You’re probably correct. But that’s not what I read.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 5:36:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The man said no. He said light duty no full auto.
View Quote
I would think being full 17-4 that full auto 9mm would be OK. "Light duty" referring to non full auto for centerfire rifle stuff.

ETA: The website specifies semi only for supersonic rifle rounds.

I also see that the Wolf 9SD is now listed as discontinued on the DA website.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 5:40:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I believe "current rifle socket pattern" pertained to the end cap.  The Wolf and Wolfman should have the same exact mount features.  I'm guessing the only difference on the main modules is 2 extra baffles and cleaner laser welds.
View Quote
He said rifle socket pattern to fit taper lock. Unless I'm confused then I'm not sure why you'd need a taper lock in the end cap. I'm assuming he means rifle caliber muzzle taper devices when he references rifle socket pattern.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

He said rifle socket pattern to fit taper lock. Unless I'm confused then I'm not sure why you'd need a taper lock in the end cap. I'm assuming he means rifle caliber muzzle taper devices when he references rifle socket pattern.
View Quote
Sandman/Nomad/Wolf/Wolfman end caps do have a taper lock, I guess to just keep them more secure.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 5:48:11 PM EDT
[#50]
The Wolfman product page has been updated with:

Rating: 5.56, 300BLK, 7.62x39, 9X39, 350 Legend, (semi-only on supersonic rifle ammo), .380, 9mm
View Quote
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 34
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top