Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 10/9/2018 11:42:46 AM EDT
Or at least that's what I think it is. Announcement on the 11th.

IG Link

It's live:

Nomad 30
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 11:54:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool. @Mageever has been kinda quiet for the past few months. Figured he was up to no good!
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 12:06:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Lightweight, Versatile, Modular

My guess is a welded Ti baffles, 30 cal, and user configurable lengths.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 12:13:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I watched the video that showed not the suppressor, just guys shooting from helps and SUVs. Where is the can
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 12:14:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That is my guess is well. The brief only silhouette shot of the can made me think it had a larger OD as well. Maybe a 1.65/1.75" like we've seen from Sig or Q.

Quoted:
I watched the video that showed not the suppressor, just guys shooting from helps and SUVs. Where is the can
That's how the hype machine works. The good news is you'll find out in just 2 days.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 12:22:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Key word is "teaser"
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 12:24:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Looks like a 1.75” od maybe?  I would hope for a short tubeless “S” length stainless or stellite or inconel first module to allow for short barrels and higher fire rates.  Then a tubless titanium module “K” length as well which brings it to “L” size length.  If they were made interchangeable one could swap the qd portion to run only the titanium for a light weight controlled fire setup or only the SS for a sbr or f/a rated can.  Is this legal thou?  As in if a person purchased a dead air qd they could theoretically be able to make two cans?
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 12:28:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I said no more cans.

Need to buy a house.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 12:45:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 12:57:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I’m really excited to see what this is. Hoping it’s a modular can that is 1.75 diameter and is k and L length. K and S would work too.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 12:58:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I said no more cans.

Need to buy a house.
View Quote
I'll just take out a second mortgage on my helicopter.  

Wake me up when something real happens...
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 2:11:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Was just about to pull the trigger on a micro 30. Might need to wait and see now.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 2:14:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Announcement on the 11th with the TBAC group buy ending on the 10th ... sigh ... Ultra 9 or wait?
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 2:14:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Better not be a flippable front end baffle stack............ sorry I couldn't resist lol.  

Curious to see myself in a couple of days what they've cooked up this time.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 2:25:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 3:02:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Should be easy to adapt the Wolf modularity to .30 bore and beer it up a little. Don’t fuck it up like the Surge. Super long and super short

Quoted:
Announcement on the 11th with the TBAC group buy ending on the 10th ... sigh ... Ultra 9 or wait?
View Quote
Staying in OH huh?
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 3:21:36 PM EDT
[#16]
If this is a heavy use steel silencer with large volume due to large diameter...... I'm buying it and I already have a Surge and Razor. I need a high volume steel silencer, like everyone does..... I don't want Titanium.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 4:01:24 PM EDT
[#17]
With the "lightweight" call out and what appears to be larger OD I feel like it's got to be titanium. Otherwise I don't know how lightweight the design can be or it encroaches on Sandman territory of basically being indestructible. However, this seems to go against the Dead Air mantra of being capable of taking anything thrown at it.

Although I only own 2 of the Dead Air cans I can say their entire product lineup has some real thoughtful design put into it. These guys don't put out any duds.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 4:02:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Word. We'll see. This is a great time to be a silencer nerd.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 5:33:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep. Ordered an ultra 9 from HB this morning and then find out about this. Oh well, ultra 9 will be awesome.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#20]
A wolf capable of taking rifle cartridges would be nice. Hopefully the go the way of the EA Vox dt to allow user choice of mounts.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 6:23:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Should be easy to adapt the Wolf modularity to .30 bore and beer it up a little. Don’t fuck it up like the Surge. Super long and super short
View Quote
This is what I’m talking about. I have an S now and an L pending, K is next on the list. If this can be a K or close to it, along with an adjustable L length then I’m all in.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 7:48:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
With the "lightweight" call out and what appears to be larger OD I feel like it's got to be titanium.
View Quote
You sure that's not a Magpul Suppressor Cover?
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 8:01:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
That’s what I was thinking
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 8:10:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Maybe they're making a suppressor cover!
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 8:34:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Fuck that nonsense
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 9:10:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
A modular suppressor cover!
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 1:36:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Or maybe C300.  He's stated he's been wanting to work with it ever since EA released the Vox, to whom I suggested a modular length version, but no joy.  Maybe DA will bite instead.  If so, I will reel one in.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 7:09:23 AM EDT
[#28]
I have a few cans, but I'm still pretty new to the game and have wondered why we don't see larger diameter cans that are then able to be shorter. On a pistol it obviously makes sense considering you can only go so thick before blocking sights, but that's a nonissue on a rifle. Is there a point of diminishing returns that is right around the 1.5" diameter? If not I'd love to see a 3 piece modular setup that's in the thickness you mention and gives ability for a L/S/K setup. That would kind of cannibalize their Sandman series though.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 8:41:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 2:04:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Cool. @Mageever has been kinda quiet for the past few months. Figured he was up to no good!
View Quote
@swampfoxoutdoors

Yeah...I've been a little busy.  

I both love and hate product teases.  It's fun to see people get excited, but I know I'm going to let some of you down.  Like I said before, you guys invariably come up with stuff that's cooler than what I developed.  There are often limiting factors like market forces, material weaknesses, or economic considerations.

A good example is using titanium baffles in a hardcore suppressor  I figure I should share some insider insights.  We're just NOT into that.  We don't like the crazy erosion that is typical--especially on the MIM or cast parts out there.  If you want to core your can out to 50 cal in a hurry, then there you go.  I'm not saying we won't make baffles out of titanium.  And it definitely has its place on bolt actions and very light semi-auto.  Our little "concept" Ti can that we showed a sneak peek of a while back was pretty awesome, but it's not one that would be a commercial success across a whole market.  Coatings can help some, but that really drives up the price for the end consumer.  I'm also severely limiting what I play with when it comes to titanium because of the crazy pricing from the current trade wars.  (I apologize to my isolationist friends, but trade wars do stifle economies and innovation).

Thanks for the cool ideas.  I'm taking notes.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 2:26:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Aren't stellite baffles cast?

Not doubting the durability of the sandman line since they are quite proven. Just asking for my own understanding.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 2:26:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
I know ATF is being a PITA, but I'm just saying how about a Sandman endcap that takes wipes?
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 2:45:38 PM EDT
[#33]
We need shorter attachment methods for the Sandman, I’d give a lot of money for an A2 flash hider adaptor.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 2:57:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I know ATF is being a PITA, but I'm just saying how about a Sandman endcap that takes wipes?
View Quote
I second this!  Is that a legal option?
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 3:03:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Pls pls pls make me a lightweight (10 oz. +/-?) hunting can.  Not all of us spend our weekend with M249s.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 3:06:46 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm definitely interested in this. I'm going back and forth between a Rugged Surge (Sandman L and S can in one) and the new EA Vox (Sandman S but C300 and a wipe)

This could add a 3rd contender to my indecisiveness. Just happy it is revealed tomorrow and not weeks of hype and people building up this pipe dream of an impossible can in their minds.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 3:56:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
We appreciate it.

Keep the awesome happening.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 4:42:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I second this!  Is that a legal option?
View Quote
3rd!! I’ve got 3 Sandman cans id buy for.

If it can’t have a wipe, make a cap that people can do their own diligence in finding wipes or “shot glass coasters”
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 4:53:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 5:06:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
We need shorter attachment methods for the Sandman, I’d give a lot of money for an A2 flash hider adaptor.
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 7:27:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Copy griffin and do a minimalist FH and a single port brake
Reduces length and the total system weight that sometimes makes the sandman seem uncompetitive on paper
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 7:57:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Reduces length and the total system weight that sometimes makes the sandman seem uncompetitive on paper
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
TOTALLY noted.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 8:01:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Absolutely! I’d be really interested in something like that
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 11:01:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
I talked to Mike at Triggrcon he said minimalist muzzle devices coming very soon
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 7:47:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I talked to Mike at Triggrcon he said minimalist muzzle devices coming very soon
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad to hear that. When I asked for that a year or so ago, the concern was over having to support too many SKUs.  Things are looking up!  :)
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 8:19:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Sweet.  I wonder if the rear threads are the same as the SICO Omega?  Like to mount The Plan B on the rear.  That would definitely get me interested in my first DA can.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 8:25:07 AM EDT
[#48]
The Dead Air Nomad product page is live.

https://deadairsilencers.com/products/nomad/
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 8:27:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Sweet.  I wonder if the rear threads are the same as the SICO Omega?  Like to mount The Plan B on the rear. That would definitely get me interested in my first DA can.
View Quote
Nevermind it is.

https://deadairsilencers.com/product/key-mo/
Im in for one.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 8:28:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Sweet.  I wonder if the rear threads are the same as the SICO Omega?  Like to mount The Plan B on the rear.  That would definitely get me interested in my first DA can.
View Quote
It says on their website it’s the same as the omega, but I have no first hand experience to confirm this.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top