Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2016 8:19:38 PM EDT
I'm looking at getting something smaller than my Omega for a 300blk PDW build, which has an 8" barrel. I know that the smaller cans won't suppress as well and most likely won't be hearing safe with supers, but I want something to keep the package as small as possible and still take the edge off the blast and sound in the middle of the night, etc.

The 9k takes about an inch off the OAL compared to the direct thread Omega I'm using now. I need another can anyway because I have like 8 other 7.62 hosts that I use the Omega with, and I'd like to just keep one on the PDW without having to constantly switch ASR and DT mounts. I thought about just getting another Omega and running it DT full time, but I can get the 9k for $150 cheaper and since I'm just running 300blk anyway, I don't need the .308+ rating... plus I like the fact that it's an inch shorter.

I decided to do a bit of shopping around, and it seems to me like there are no alternatives in the same price range. Is the Omega 9k the only ~5", 300blk super-rated, ~$700 can available on the market? There are longer options, more expensive options and "subs only" options, but I can't seem to find anything else that directly competes with the 9k.

Are there other options I'm missing?

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 8:30:08 PM EDT
[#1]
That's pretty much it with those criteria. It's a niche can, and as such enjoys little competition. Thunderbeast makes the Ultra 5...But it costs substantially more.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 8:47:30 PM EDT
[#2]
True. I guess I just thought that with the popularity of the 300blk, I thought there might be some more cans that were just for 300blk without being overbuilt for larger calibers.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:10:27 PM EDT
[#3]
How about the Delta P Brevis II 7.62 Titanium.  5.5" x 2" ; 10oz; direct thread.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:23:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How about the Delta P Brevis II 7.62 Titanium.  5.5" x 2" ; 10oz; direct thread.
View Quote

At roughly 3x the $$$.....

As stated earlier, the omega 9k is your answer IMO.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 9:56:14 AM EDT
[#5]
get the 9k. Its an awesome subgun can too
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:46:06 PM EDT
[#6]
OP, I was in the same boat awhile back, ended up with a dedicated .300 BO from Gemtech.
6.5", shoots sub's and super's, user serviceable and direct thread. I had mine pin/welded to a 10.5"
for a legal 16.5" with out the sbr issues.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 7:01:29 PM EDT
[#7]
So basically, three other options that are all heavier, longer, and more expensive.

Omega 9K doesn't have much competition with your criteria. One day mine will be approved...
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 7:02:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I need a 9k
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 8:34:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Omega 9k it is! I just wanted to make sure before I started the [ridiculously] long process. I'd hate to start the countdown and then next month realize there's something better I didn't know about. My research brought me to the same conclusions, but you guys here often have additional insights to challenge or confirm my conclusions. Thanks everyone!

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 8:43:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I did not know the 9k was rated for 300 blk supers, if so I probably wouldn't have just order another Razor and got the 9k instead. That and an Obsidian will most likely be my next purchases.

Anyone know if there are some db readings with the 9k and 300 blk subs/super's anywhere on the interwebs?
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:19:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I did not know the 9k was rated for 300 blk supers, if so I probably wouldn't have just order another Razor and got the 9k instead. That and an Obsidian will most likely be my next purchases.

Anyone know if there are some db readings with the 9k and 300 blk subs/super's anywhere on the interwebs?
View Quote

Youtube.  Capital Armory and Mac at Military Arms chanel both have videos.

It's not that impressive with subs: 142 db with a 8" upper (from CA's video).

The Omega 9k looks like an awesome 9mm sub can.  I would love to get one for my Scorpion Evo.... but if 300blk is the primary use,  I would get the fullsize Omega and direct thread it and use the flat end cap.  If OAL is really important for a 300blk PDW, then go Omega 9k..... just be aware it isn't going to be super quiet.

Omega vs Omega 9k
CA video
Mac's video 300blk testing

The Omega 9K will be my next suppressor purchase one my LGS sets up their fingerprint/photo booth.  They are returning the SS kiosk.... too many problems/limitations with it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 5:29:49 PM EDT
[#12]
In all truth it's a 9mm can, not a .300blk can, you'll come to know this eventually.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 5:40:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

In all truth it's a 9mm can, not a .300blk can, you'll come to know this eventually.
View Quote
did you read my original post?

anyway, I've shot the omega 9k on a glock, and I have no illusions about its [lack of] performance on 300blk. but thanks for being condescending.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:17:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I just got my 9K out of jail a couple of weeks ago. It's very small and fairly lite. I'm using it on a 9mm MPX. It is not as quiet as the TiRant 9, but it's so much shorter, I love it.
I've never really noticed a 1st round pop on the TiRant, but I do get that on the 9K.

I don't have a 300 blk out, but I think it's a very versatile and based on the OP, will work well for you.

Good Luck, man the BATF is slow these days!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top