Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2016 10:22:12 PM EDT
Because mine is in there really good and I don't personally see a way of getting it out.

I got my spacer in today. It fit extremely tight. Likely due to carbon fouling. Now I simply cannot get it out.

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:48:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the same problem, but was able to finally twist it out.  You may be able to free it up by soaking it in kroil or something.

From then on I put a thin layer of anti seize on the outside to prevent it from happening again.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 11:29:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I had to tap it in due to fouling. Bad idea looking back.

That said. Does your collar lock all the way down as well? Mine gets close but isn't all the way locked closed. Works fine however
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 12:30:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah I had to tap it in due to fouling. Bad idea looking back.

That said. Does your collar lock all the way down as well? Mine gets close but isn't all the way locked closed. Works fine however
View Quote

With the fixed barrel spacer in place, there will be a little gap (mine is perhaps 1/16").  The knurled portion will not sit flush with the body of the suppressor if that makes sense.  That's just part of the design as far as I know.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 2:02:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Still stuck

Wonder if I can just buy an additional housing like I did with the 3 lug adapter.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Still stuck

Wonder if I can just buy an additional housing like I did with the 3 lug adapter.
View Quote

That may be considered an extra silencer part.

Just call AAC customer service.  I'm sure they can get it out for you.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 2:47:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still stuck

Exactly what Im worried about .

ATF you make some dumbass rulings.

Honestly I rarely use it on a pistol so Ill just truck on until I get bored of my new build to get it sent off to them. I asked in the Industry forum to see what they will say
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:44:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Whole can has to go in to fix it.....

Itd be cool if they just let me send the end in, but the way they worded it they want the whole can. I can still use my 3 lug attachment on it so Id really like to keep the actual can in my possession.

ETA, they clarified and would need the whole can. That's lame as aids right there
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top