Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2014 10:37:41 AM EDT
I'm so pissed at the BATFE as well as with HTA. Last January I purchased 3 cans from a friend that has his FFL and sells suppressors here in Pa.
Filled out the form 4 with my trust with about 20 other customers and my FFL mailed the forms off. Well after 10 months The BATFE has lost all our paper work plus with the checks. AFTE claimed they had the paper work several months ago. Which had to be false.

Top that off HTA hasn't bothered to mail 2 of the 3 suppressors I ordered to my FFL. He has been trying to call them for a month now and no response.
I want to be reimbursed for the .223 & the 308 suppressors. I just had the form4 and my trust mailed again 2 weeks ago. Ill keep the 22 suppressor. That's if it ever gets out of jail.

My questions for suppressor owners is?

Has this happened to anyone here?
How longs does it take for BATFE to cash your checks?
What are your recommendations?

Yes I know HTA's customer service sucks.

Thank you for any advice.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:39:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Checks normally cash in less than two weeks.  I'm still waiting on paper form 4 suppressors from December 13.        

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I filed one back in June/July, my check was cashed within a few days.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:22:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Since your FFL sent the paperwork in, did you write the check or did your FFL write the check?

Check cashing should be within two weeks and you should see it as an ACH out of your checking account (if you wrote the check).

Did you personally check with ATF on your application or did your dealer check for you?

Ahh, HTA .... well, I suppose if you can get a refund from your dealer and apply it to something else in his inventory.

and I suppose, if you can, try to buy something in stock this time
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:30:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Checks normally cash in less than two weeks.  I'm still waiting on paper form 4 suppressors from December 13.          
View Quote

wow, you might want to investigate w/ your SOT and the ATF. Form 4's from May 2014 are already coming in, something has to be wrong...
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:32:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

wow, you might want to investigate w/ your SOT and the ATF. Form 4's from May 2014 are already coming in, something has to be wrong...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

One had an error, since that has been fixed I'm expecting them any day.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 1:34:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Since your FFL sent the paperwork in, did you write the check or did your FFL write the check?

Check cashing should be within two weeks and you should see it as an ACH out of your checking account (if you wrote the check).

Did you personally check with ATF on your application or did your dealer check for you?

Ahh, HTA .... well, I suppose if you can get a refund from your dealer and apply it to something else in his inventory.

and I suppose, if you can, try to buy something in stock this time
View Quote

I wrote the check.

My FFL checked with them.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:01:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yes I know HTA's customer service sucks.
View Quote

But their prices are GREAT.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:16:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

They don't they are very fast.  I think it is pretty suspect that your one specific dealer is having issues, and if the paperwork and checks were mailed off again two weeks those should have already been cashed also.  I mailed my dealer a check on 9/20, traveled in mail to them, they completed paperwork and mailed their check probably on 9/23-9/24 (because I made it out to dealer instead of ATF) and their check was cashed on 9/29 for reference.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:33:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They don't they are very fast.  I think it is pretty suspect that your one specific dealer is having issues, and if the paperwork and checks were mailed off again two weeks those should have already been cashed also.  I mailed my dealer a check on 9/20, traveled in mail to them, they completed paperwork and mailed their check probably on 9/23-9/24 (because I made it out to dealer instead of ATF) and their check was cashed on 9/29 for reference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm thinking its on his end as well. He mailed my check about 3 weeks ago. I just checked my ck account still not cashed.
I did have a buddy in Oklahoma that he received his 7.62 can last month and the ATF released the tax stamp and  never cashed his checked.
His FFL notified the ATF and they admit the error on there end. I know this sounds far fetched but its true.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:42:25 PM EDT
[#10]
As long as your dealer circled "Yes" on the Form 4 for Box 9, you can call in yourself and get status. You'll need your name (or trust name), dealer's name and serial number.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:47:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:56:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I purchased several suppressors on June 25th and 26th and paid the dealer to handle the paperwork and send a check for me.  Two of the checks were just checked a few days ago but I believe I read that ATF had lost a bunch of June paperwork so maybe that is the reason?

It sucks either way as it just means my wait is that much longer.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:27:37 PM EDT
[#13]
You paid for suppressors that were not in stock

Dealer never rec'd on a form 3

You/dealer submitted form 4

Something doesn't sound right or am I missing something

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:32:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

He had the 22 suppressor in stock , just not the other 2 cans.
HTA submitted the serial numbers for the other 2 cans. So I paid for all 3.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:07:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This isn't Gun Dealers online (John Radzik) is it?

There is a dealer in PA that was doing just this: getting the serial numbers from the manufacture/whole seller,  and having the customer pay for the can and submit the paperwork to the ATF. The dealer wasn't paying the manufacturer/ whole seller and the forms would get bounced back 9 months later (after most credit card company's will no longer dispute a charge). He is currently awaiting a trial on felony theft.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 6:09:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

There is a dealer in PA that was doing just this: getting the serial numbers from the manufacture/whole seller,  and having the customer pay for the can and submit the paperwork to the ATF. The dealer wasn't paying the manufacturer/ whole seller and the forms would get bounced back 9 months later (after most credit card company's will no longer dispute a charge). He is currently awaiting a trial on felony theft.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No this isn't him. My gun smith recommended him.
I'm losing patience with him. I feel like he's not staying on top of it. I told him to
contact HTA a threaten legal action. If I don't hear anything from him.
I'll go ahead and give him a timeline to just reimburse me .
If not I'll seek legal action against him.
I'm not waiting another year.  I'm not sure if he's mailing or submitting  it correctly.
It has to be on his end when filling the paper work.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 4:11:13 PM EDT
[#17]
I have question.
Can a FFL dealer sell you suppressors legally before they are in his possession and just get a serial number from the manufacture before they are made?
If it is ill legal I have to pursue action against my dealer.

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 4:43:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have question.
Can a FFL dealer sell you suppressors legally before they are in his possession and just get a serial number from the manufacture before they are made?

View Quote

Grey area at best. It's a common practice but often comes back to bite the dealer/ customer in the ass.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 4:54:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Grey area at best. It's a common practice but often comes back to bite the dealer/ customer in the ass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have question.

^^This^^.

I've had multiple dealers do it. Some wait until the F3 is approved. Some will file it as soon as they get a copy of the F3. I had a local dealer that had a decent policy of waiting 2 weeks after F3 was submitted.

Because F3s are [i]usually[/u] much faster than F4s, there's not a paperwork issue. But, it can happen.

ETA: I initially read the question and skipped the "before it's made" part. That's a much bigger problem than selling one that's at a distributor or other dealer and just waiting for the F3 transfer.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 4:54:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Sounds familiar:

"On another note, we have some news to report regarding one of the manufacturers we have worked closely with over the years. Huntertown Arms decided to start a product redesign program in 2013, and is currently in the middle of getting these newly re-designed models produced and in dealer’s hands. Dealers across the county were not made aware of this new program until just recently and the result has been that several of our customer’s suppressors have not been transferred to us because these suppressors are actually being built as we speak. The issue that Huntertown Arms has is that dealers have been left in the lurch. Dealers have started to receive tax stamps back from ATF for customers with Huntertown Arms items, but we do not yet have these items in our hands from Huntertown… yes, even after a year of ordering them from Huntertown. The fact that we have these tax stamps approved means that we did everything correctly and in time.

This has put a few of our customers in an unfortunate situation; we’d love to give you your tax stamp and suppressor, but we‘re still waiting on your suppressor to arrive into our inventory."

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:31:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm losing patience with him. I feel like he's not staying on top of it. I told him to
I'm not waiting another year.  I'm not sure if he's mailing or submitting  it correctly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which dealer in PA?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top