Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2014 8:18:24 AM EDT
What are my best options for reliable subsonic ammo in a Ruger Mk2 with a Gemtech outback? I'm not having much luck with Remington subsonic, and thats strange since it used to work great in this pistol a few years ago, when I bought some of that same ammo a few months ago it runs like crap, Remington must have changed their load or something. Pistol is clean and I have always put a few drops of oil in the can.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 8:36:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Remmy subs are absolute shit. Every box I've tried goes transsonic.

I shoot CCI subs or Gemtech Subs. Heck, even CCI standards say subsonic in my 22/45 using a Outback II.

Link Posted: 6/14/2014 9:10:04 AM EDT
[#2]
CCI standard velocity, CCI Subsonic or Gemtech Subsonic if you want the ultimate in reliability and accuracy.

I shoot Remington Subsonics from time to time since I picked up 2000 rounds a few years back.

They're randomly loud and I get 1-3 out of 50 that fail to fire no matter how many times or guns I put it in and drop the hammer on.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 9:38:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Remmy subs are absolute shit. Every box I've tried goes transsonic.    Oh I agree with that, they wont even cycle for me, the CCI subs are working great, it's to bad about the Remingtons though, they used to run great, glad I don't have a big stash of them.

I shoot CCI subs or Gemtech Subs. Heck, even CCI standards say subsonic in my 22/45 using a Outback II.

View Quote

Thanks for the help,  ETA  stuff in red added by me
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 10:01:15 AM EDT
[#4]
American Eagle Suppressor works fine as plinking ammo too

Link Posted: 6/15/2014 10:11:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Sparrow and the only sub sonic ammo I have tried is CCI Quiets. They do not cycle in my 22/45 or my 10/22. Any ideas on what brand to try next? I was going to buy a brick of Gemtech .22 to try next and was curious what other peoples experience was.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 11:11:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I have a Sparrow and the only sub sonic ammo I have tried is CCI Quiets. They do not cycle in my 22/45 or my 10/22. Any ideas on what brand to try next? I was going to buy a brick of Gemtech .22 to try next and was curious what other peoples experience was.

View Quote

Try any of the above mentioned:CCI Standard Velocity, Gemtech, American Eagle Subsonic....
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 6:02:53 PM EDT
[#7]
How long is the barrel on the gun?  I had my 22/45 cut down to 4.5" and Fed bulk stays subsonic for me with the OBII.  Subsonic ammo is a bit quieter, but it is so slight, I don't even use it.  I am saving my subsonic and standard velocity ammo for when I get a rifle with a threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:47:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How long is the barrel on the gun?  I had my 22/45 cut down to 4.5" and Fed bulk stays subsonic for me with the OBII.  Subsonic ammo is a bit quieter, but it is so slight, I don't even use it.  I am saving my subsonic and standard velocity ammo for when I get a rifle with a threaded barrel.
View Quote

5.5 to the end of the threads.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top