Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/24/2014 12:16:43 PM EDT
I implore everybody, if you haven't already done it, log into http://www.nfatracker.com/ and input your pending Class III submissions.  Call the BATFE weekly and get status updates.  By the looks of the graph, GREAT things are happening.  We all know it's criminal how long the process takes, but for whatever reason, approvals are trending MUCH faster of late.  The latest approval, as of the time I posted this, was an AAC 762-SDN-6 filed on a paper form 4.  Forms were sent on 03 October 2013.  Check was cashed on 10 Oct 2013. He got his stamp yesterday!  I, for one, am really eager  for one solid reason.  This, and a couple of other recent transactions, are the first to break the Sandy Hook ban scare trend line of Dec 2012.  In other words, this was approved in the average time that pre-Dec 2012 applications were being approved!  Still 6 months, but I'll take 6 months over 12 months any month of the year.

Again, log in and add yourself to the data.  It helps everybody.  I wish the BATFE would have real-time data like this online if for no other reason than to track their own progress.

Why the FUCK does the Gov'mnt outsource Top Secret background checks for the NSA (Snowden) and then process this simple paperwork in house?

http://www.nfatracker.com/TrendGraph.aspx
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:24:27 PM EDT
[#1]
... Not sure why you wouldn't just use this chart for "trending"...

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:26:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

I DID, but it showed up with that other chart.  My internet skills are not what they were in 1988.  Thanks for fixin' it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:37:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Done, thanks for he reminder.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:09:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I implore everybody, if you haven't already done it, log into http://www.nfatracker.com/ and input your pending Class III submissions.  Call the BATFE weekly and get status updates.  By the looks of the graph, GREAT things are happening.  We all know it's criminal how long the process takes, but for whatever reason, approvals are trending MUCH faster of late.  The latest approval, as of the time I posted this, was an AAC 762-SDN-6 filed on a paper form 4.  Forms were sent on 03 October 2013.  Check was cashed on 10 Oct 2013. He got his stamp yesterday!  I, for one, am really eager  for one solid reason.  This, and a couple of other recent transactions, are the first to break the Sandy Hook ban scare trend line of Dec 2012.  In other words, this was approved in the average time that pre-Dec 2012 applications were being approved!  Still 6 months, but I'll take 6 months over 12 months any month of the year.

Again, log in and add yourself to the data.  It helps everybody.  I wish the BATFE would have real-time data like this online if for no other reason than to track their own progress.

Why the FUCK does the Gov'mnt outsource Top Secret background checks for the NSA (Snowden) and then process this simple paperwork in house?

[url=http://www.nfatracker.com/TrendGraph.aspx]http://www.nfatracker.com/TrendGraph.aspx
View Quote

Well if your post-sandy hook ban scare theory is correct, better get ready for all the 41P panic submissions, exponential eform registrations, and the pile of forms that waited in the mailbox during the government shutdown. Those forms are just around the corner & I can't imagine how many there must be.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:19:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well if your post-sandy hook ban scare theory is correct, better get ready for all the 41P panic submissions, exponential eform registrations, and the pile of forms that waited in the mailbox during the government shutdown. Those forms are just around the corner & I can't imagine how many there must be.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

[url=http://www.nfatracker.com/TrendGraph.aspx]http://www.nfatracker.com/TrendGraph.aspx

That is my concern, hopefully they stay on top of it maybe a lot of the 41p panic stuff went e file.  We won't find out until they get there.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:31:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:39:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How many approvals have you seen from October 2013? Just the one? Or a couple?

We are getting back paper forms from late June 2013 at this time. I haven't seen any August forms approved yet for us. So we're still looking at about 9 months, door to door on paper forms. It's getting better (at one point, we were seeing about 11 months), but I don't think they're working on October forms yet. If I had to guess, I'd say a few guys got lucky and somehow got their paperwork shuffled to the front of the line.

ETA: I see that there are several approved  from October 2013 on NFA tracker. I wonder if they were e-filed and the person inputting them just didn't click the right box? Otherwise, it would mean that we just have the slowest examiner doing our forms.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The latest approval, as of the time I posted this, was an AAC 762-SDN-6 filed on a paper form 4.  Forms were sent on 03 October 2013.  Check was cashed on 10 Oct 2013. He got his stamp yesterday!  I, for one, am really eager  for one solid reason.  This, and a couple of other recent transactions, are the first to break the Sandy Hook ban scare trend line of Dec 2012.

We are getting back paper forms from late June 2013 at this time. I haven't seen any August forms approved yet for us. So we're still looking at about 9 months, door to door on paper forms. It's getting better (at one point, we were seeing about 11 months), but I don't think they're working on October forms yet. If I had to guess, I'd say a few guys got lucky and somehow got their paperwork shuffled to the front of the line.

ETA: I see that there are several approved  from October 2013 on NFA tracker. I wonder if they were e-filed and the person inputting them just didn't click the right box? Otherwise, it would mean that we just have the slowest examiner doing our forms.....

I'm pretty sure you just have a slow examiner lol. I've had a Form 1 Pending in Sept 2013 come back on April 11, so they definately are in the early fall if not late fall by now at least for my area...
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:15:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure you just have a slow examiner lol. I've had a Form 1 Pending in Sept 2013 come back on April 11, so they definately are in the early fall if not late fall by now at least for my area...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The latest approval, as of the time I posted this, was an AAC 762-SDN-6 filed on a paper form 4.  Forms were sent on 03 October 2013.  Check was cashed on 10 Oct 2013. He got his stamp yesterday!  I, for one, am really eager  for one solid reason.  This, and a couple of other recent transactions, are the first to break the Sandy Hook ban scare trend line of Dec 2012.

The October stamps that I've seen have come from some lucky bastard in CO that must be lucky or greasing palms b/c there are definitely still plenty of outstanding July/August/September forms still waiting.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:18:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I got my form back on the 11th for a September 28th file so basically October
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:55:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I think some of it has to do with the examiner too.  I took a look and stuff is scattered all over.  Stuff from May through September is getting approved.  Paper 1 and 4 that is.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:20:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The October stamps that I've seen have come from some lucky bastard in CO that must be lucky or greasing palms b/c there are definitely still plenty of outstanding July/August/September forms still waiting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems like Dana Pickles is ahead of the curve right now.  I have several November pending dates with him (her?) and am cautiously optimistic that I'll hear something soonish.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:28:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Call the BATFE weekly and get status updates.
View Quote

How about no.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:29:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Seems like Dana Pickles is ahead of the curve right now.  I have several November pending dates with him (her?) and am cautiously optimistic that I'll hear something soonish.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think pickles has always been one of the faster ones.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:31:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

How about no.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about no.

Yeah, don't tell us why, just be a negative Nancy.  Way to add to the conversation.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:37:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just got a Form 1 back from Dana today!

1: NFA item type: SR15 SBR
2: form type: form 4
3: transferee type: F4 Trust
4: forms sent/mailed: 8/28/2013
5: check cashed: ?
6: pending: 10/04/2013
7: approved date: 4/18/14
8: forms received: 4/24/2014
9: examiner name: Dana Pickles

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:50:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yeah, don't tell us why, just be a negative Nancy.  Way to add to the conversation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about no.

A quote from Silenced America's FB page after a meeting with the ATF:

"Stop calling on your forms all of the time. It's causing longer waits. Data entry people answer the phones and it keeps them from doing their jobs, per Sr. ATF officials."
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:25:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hate you. I dunno what method to the madness is going on at Needy Rd but I can't picture administering a process like this where person A (aka me) submits a form one month before person B (aka you) and they process Person B's form first. Lucky bastard, enjoy!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:26:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's Mr. Dana Pickles.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:28:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
"Stop calling on your forms all of the time. It's causing longer waits. Data entry people answer the phones and it keeps them from doing their jobs, per Sr. ATF officials."
View Quote

Really?  There are examiners waiting around for the Data Entry people to do their jobs, but instead, they put a phone on the Data Entry person's desk?  I call BS on this.  If some Secretary (the ones REALLY answering the phones) can have access to the computer that gives current status, why can't the people who submitted the forms have the same access?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:37:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It's Mr. Dana Pickles.
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:07:34 PM EDT
[#21]
whoa, pickle surprise
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:14:41 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't see what calling weekly would do.  I get my pending date then let the stamp come.  I enter all my data in NFA tracker.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here.  

Form 1
Trust
SBR
Paper Application

10/07  Pending
4/12    Approval
4/21    Received

ETA: 10/07, not 10/17
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:25:05 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I don't see what calling weekly would do.  I get my pending date then let the stamp come.  I enter all my data in NFA tracker.
View Quote

Yup, once you get your pending date, you wait on your stamp.

There are no more "statuses" to reveal.  You'll find out when it was approved on the stamp.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:26:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Why would you call weekly for updates?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:54:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Some of us don't get our "Pending" date immediately.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:32:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

To slow down the whole process
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 2:08:54 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote
If you call once after a couple months you'll get it. The tracker graph only works off check cashed and approval. You can run reports with all the other stuff.

I'm not sure what you mean by some of us don't get pending dates immediately.   Nobody knows immediately with the exception of eforms.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 3:45:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If you call once after a couple months you'll get it. The tracker graph only works off check cashed and approval. You can run reports with all the other stuff.    

I'm not sure what you mean by some of us don't get pending dates immediately.   Nobody knows immediately with the exception of eforms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check cashed to pending dates are not a known quantity.  I don't have a crystal ball, I call weekly until I get the data.  And the other dates are important as well.  I don't just look at the trend data, I look at the raw data points for outliers and trends... one of which we are experiencing which is why I posted this.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 3:58:16 AM EDT
[#30]
How can I find out what status (like pending) to enter to the chart?  Will I get a letter????
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:11:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
How can I find out what status (like pending) to enter to the chart?  Will I get a letter????
View Quote

Pending just means that it has been entered into the system. You will not get a letter regarding this status change.

You have to call the NFA number with your name/trust's name, dealer's name and serial number of the item in question for this information.

Check cashed to pending is around 2 months. There is no need to call weekly until it goes pending.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 10:22:00 AM EDT
[#32]
I wonder if paper will ever catch up to E-file processing times...wishful thinking as of now
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 2:07:40 PM EDT
[#33]
My check was cashed on 10/16, yet it didn't go pending until 12/6. Looking at NFA tracker seems like some people went pending only a few days after their check was cashed.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 2:12:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I wonder if paper will ever catch up to E-file processing times...wishful thinking as of now
View Quote

If EForms hadn't crashed, I think it would've happened. EForms had gone from 90 days to 140+, while paper had dropped to around 7 months. Who knows now?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 3:21:53 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

My check was cashed on 10/16, yet it didn't go pending until 12/6. Looking at NFA tracker seems like some people went pending only a few days after their check was cashed.
View Quote

I'm close, cashed on 11/15 and pending 12/4.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#36]
          <GD type image removed...........dpmmn>
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:54:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wonder how that all works.  Mine was cashed 10/18 and went pending 11/27.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:12:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

I feel ya.. Welcome to the club. But then again,I have 2 forms submitted waaay before yours that only went pending shortly before yours... If you get your stamp before me... Well I expect you'll send me care package of booze & beer to tide me over.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:49:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Haha well, I purchased my suppressor last march, it's been hell getting the cleo sign off and my paper forms were actually sent out in August. So I've waited over a year already. Since it was so miserable getting the cleo sign off I went the trust route and submitted 2 more suppressors last month via e-form and with my luck now the eform time has lengthened to almost match paper forms. Oh last update they gave me was to expect approval around this July, then corrected herself and said October.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:20:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Hopefully yall don't have an experience like the one I'm going through.  2 form 4s submitted in May 2013, Pending July 2013, Both approved Mar 2014.  Great so far right?  One arrived 7 days after approval and one has not arrived after 5 weeks and counting.  Unfortunately they are for a SBR (1 stamp) and integrated Silencer (1 stamp) - so not having both is the same as not having any.

Very frustrating for NFA to lose one before mailing or for the mail to lose it en route.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 7:07:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Oh last update they gave me was to expect approval around this July, then corrected herself and said October.
View Quote

Weird, I had the exact same experience a couple of weeks ago.  My dealer barely got my forms into the system (Mid March) before it crashed and after it had been down a couple weeks I got nervous so I called just to verify that they were actually in the system (FYI they only asked me for the serial number and dealer name).    The nice lady I spoke with first said I should expect approval by June and then corrected herself and said September.    That falls exactly in line with your July and October.

(Purely) Wishful thinking but I think that they see a projected approval date of X and are supposed to say X+3 months to account for any delays that may come up that way we don't start calling ever other day in month X.   Please don't smash my hopes and dreams of having my cans in by my birthday.  Let me dream a little.

Random observation, I did not hear the typical background chatter of a call center while talking t her so either they all have their own high wall cubes/offices or they don't have a lot of phone calls.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 10:10:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I just started a new thread for November 2013 dates, because I got home from work and (much to my surprise) had my first stamp waiting for me. Paper F1 for a trust, with a 11/9/13 Pending date approved 4/22/14. Definitely faster than I anticipated.

And it was definitely paper:

(No wrong button pushed for me )
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:54:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Looks like you got your answer sir! Congrats.
I just started a new thread for November 2013 dates, because I got home from work and (much to my surprise) had my first stamp waiting for me. Paper F1 for a trust, with a 11/9/13 Pending date approved 4/22/14. Definitely faster than I anticipated.

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/Mobile%20Uploads/5C66E5A9-D207-494F-8090-4638B9180638_zpsqfuhgnm3.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like you got your answer sir! Congrats.

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/Mobile%20Uploads/5C66E5A9-D207-494F-8090-4638B9180638_zpsqfuhgnm3.jpg

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:15:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Looks like the rumors could be true. I just got a call from my dealer, my paperwork came in today. Form 4, snail mail, trust, submitted late September, pending late October and now approved. Yea!!! It's my birthday tomorrow and now I have a new Thunderbeast 30P-1 to celebrate with, once I pick it up tomorrow after work. Just under seven months from the time I mailed the paperwork.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:27:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Looks like the rumors could be true. I just got a call from my dealer, my paperwork came in today. Form 4, snail mail, trust, submitted late September, pending late October and now approved. Yea!!! It's my birthday tomorrow and now I have a new Thunderbeast 30P-1 to celebrate with, once I pick it up tomorrow after work.
View Quote

I am two months behind you and my birthday is in four months.  I would LOVE to have a birthday present... love even more to have them before that.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:32:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Things may be picking up for trusts but seemingly not so for individuals. I submitted in late August and went pending 10/2...still not approved yet.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 4:14:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This has been discussed ad nauseum and is a myth.  The secretaries who answer the phone are not NFA examiners, the phone calls do not slow the process down at all.

Personally I think it's nutty to call weekly on something that will take 6-12 months.  Every 6-10 weeks is plenty often if you want updates.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 9:56:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Calling weekly or even monthly is a bit obsessive IMO.  It is not going to get your stamp back any faster.

I will call after about 8-9 months to make sure there aren't any problems, the stamp will come when it comes.

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 10:52:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Calling weekly or even monthly is a bit obsessive IMO.  It is not going to get your stamp back any faster.
I will call after about 8-9 months to make sure there aren't any problems, the stamp will come when it comes.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 12:03:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Has anyone found out if they are improving the approval dates they give on the phone?
I have three on a trust I sent in by mail 11/27/13.  I called and foind they went pending on 1/14/14 and was told a Nob.2014 approval date.  It did not sound too sped up to me.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top