Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2013 5:14:49 PM EDT
What suppressor would you get for a DD MK18.  I'm not too worried about cost...let's say 1500.00 max.  Which is most effective, and also what muzzle break, etc. would be needed.  I'm new to this and looking for some direction.  Surefire??  As stated earlier, I've never had one of these, and am looking for one of the best ones, so, reviews are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Alan
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 5:23:00 PM EDT
[#1]
AAC M4-2000 or AAC SND-6 incase you have anything in .308 caliber
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 8:53:20 AM EDT
[#2]
surefire

How are these??
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 9:26:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd say the new SureFire SOCOM series or a Knight's NT4.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:24:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
AAC M4-2000 or AAC SND-6 incase you have anything in .308 caliber

+1
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:43:04 AM EDT
[#5]
SureFire Socom series...its what Daniel Defense send with their MK18's to special ops, socom, ect...
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 11:33:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I was under the impression DD provides the rail (RIS II), not the full gun. I am aware that surefire tests their cans on DD mk18's but I am unsure who actually makes the guns for socom.

If you have further insight please let me know, as I would like some clarification.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:37:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was under the impression DD provides the rail (RIS II), not the full gun. I am aware that surefire tests their cans on DD mk18's but I am unsure who actually makes the guns for socom.

If you have further insight please let me know, as I would like some clarification.

The SF socom 556 cans were just selected for the M4 and Mk18. The 762 can was selected for the Mk13 300wm. So, alot of versatility and proven performance in that line.

I would skip AAC until the finally release a better mount. And it would have to be better than the tiny tooth 90T taper lock vaporware they showed two years ago. Just get the surefire and although your wallet will hurt you'll never be upset at the product, buy once cry once.

And yes, DD does make full Mk18s
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top