Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2013 2:57:43 PM EDT
Purchased a AAC 762-SDN-6 and currently she's going thru the process of going from dealer to dealer.  Now I'm no newb to using my revocable living trust for I have "created" two SBR's on a Form 1 already but it's been a few years and I'm rusty.  When my dealer gets the can I supply him with two copies of the trust, two copies of the assignment of property, $200 check to treasury and two filled out certifications of compliance?  Also, seeing as though I don't have the can yet, does it need to be in my assignment of property or doesn't it matter.  I have been told that it doesn't matter but I want to be safe.  Also.............can't remember but does the certification of compliance have to be made out in the name of the trust or in my real name?  Am I missing anything or am I good to go?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:57:41 PM EDT
[#1]
my F4 was mailed with only 1 copy of the trust. the item being applied for was NOT listed on schedule A.
cert of compliance was NOT done. 2 copies of F4 were sent.  2 done this way in last 8 months, both approved by Sara Jones
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:31:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
$200 check to treasury

$200 to the BATFE.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:58:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
$200 check to treasury

$200 to the BATFE.

NFA branch of the BATFE (per Form 4) or Department of the Justice (per Form 1).

I don't think it really matters which payee you use, as long as the check is payable to one of he two.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:07:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
$200 check to treasury

$200 to the BATFE.

I don't think it really matters which payee you use, as long as the check is payable to one of he two.

Interesting because I have not heard of making a check payable to the "Treasury"....

I'll just stick with the BATFE
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:07:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks folks!
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:07:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
$200 check to treasury

$200 to the BATFE.

Interesting because I have not heard of making a check payable to the "Treasury"....

I'll just stick with the BATFE

I thought that is what I used but I'm probably wrong.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:19:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I don't think it matters either.

The ATF hasn't "cashed" a check I've sent to them in years.  Since at least 2009 it just shows up online as an ACH transaction and electronic transfer from our Trust checking account.  I never get a cancelled check back or a scan of the endorsed check.

It's a little irritating because I prefer a nice paper trail for my records.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 9:22:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think it matters either.

The ATF hasn't "cashed" a check I've sent to them in years.  Since at least 2009 it just shows up online as an ACH transaction and electronic transfer from our Trust checking account.  I never get a cancelled check back or a scan of the endorsed check.

It's a little irritating because I prefer a nice paper trail for my records.

I saw that as well when I was doing my taxes, I wonder why that is. The one I just sent a few weeks ago was a Money order, hope that doesn't screw with anything.
Top Top