Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2010 9:23:41 AM EDT
Getting ready to pull the pin, and Form 1 my Colt Lower and get a suppressor.  Looks like a Noveske 12.5 Swithcblock barrel for me.  I understand that the switchblcok  makes the gun run much cleaner.  This will be a duty gun that goes to high round count classes (teaching and learning) a few times a year, so reliability and ease of maintenance is pretty important.  I tend to run my gun dirty and sloppy wet.

I am strongly considering getting my BCG NP3'd by Robar.  A friend had a Sig 220 duty pistol done that he ran dry and cleaned with a paper towel and water.Also considering getting a spray on coating (wide open for suggestions... Duracoat, duraheat, Norrells, Brownells sprays, ect) to hit the inside of the upper receiver.  My whole goal is to ease up the cleanup chores, because 95% of the shooting this gun sees will be suppressed.  I run my current setup sloppy wet, and only clean my gun every 1K rounds or so.

Is this a waste of time and money?  Should I just suck it up an clean it every few hundred rounds?

Thanks in advance,

pat
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Carbon will still accumulate in the upper, more so with a can.  Just use some good 'ol non-chlorinated brake cleaner to spray out the upper and clean the bcg.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top