Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2010 3:47:30 PM EDT
I am looking for input from those who have experience with either of these suppressors. I am very much so on the fence with this decision.

I plan to use the 7.62sd on an LMT MWS, scar 16s, and an Army SDM clone AR.

The SPR/M4 would be used on the scar 16, and the sdm ar.

I have been watching numerous youtube videos, but I would like to hear input from arfcom. Are either of these cans going to be hearing safe in the applications I plan to run them? I am mainly wondering if the 762sd will make the mws hearing safe, if not I don't see the point in getting the 762 sd at all.

Can the scars pencil barrel handle the 762 sd can without an outrageous poi shift?

Will using the .30cal can on a .223 lead to less sound reduction than using the spr/m4 on the .223 rifles?

At some point in the future I plan to get both so I am leaning toward the 762sd at the moment due to its ability to be used on both the .223 and .308 rifles.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:04:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Great question as I'm wondering the same thing.  I have a .223 and thinking of getting a 308 and wanted to know if one would be better than dedicated suppressors.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:51:47 AM EDT
[#2]
The 762SD would be my choice if I was on a tight budget. I have the SPR/M4 and a 762SD both are awesome cans. I can not advise on the pencil barrel issue. I run the SPR on a LWRC M6A2 and love the M.I.T.E.R. system. I run the 762SD on a LWRC REPR and it sounds great. You will not get the same suppression levels out of a .30 caliber can shooting .223/5.556 as you would a dedicated caliber can. With that being said the 762SD in my opinion sounds great when shooting .223/5.56 in it. If I were going to buy both but could only get 1 for now it would be the 762SD for sure to cover multiple platforms. I have also ran the 762SD on a friends Noveske that has the 51tooth FH for his M42000. It was still very nice to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:15:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Regarding the SCAR 16S:

Looking at the weight of the SPR/M4 and the 762SD, looks like the difference is about 1.1oz.   The differences between the M4000 vs the 762SD is about 2.1oz.  So, I don't think a couple of oz will have too much of an effect on a Pencil Barrel.  The better question would be:  Can the SCAR 16s handle 19oz(weight of the 762SD) at the muzzle w/o affecting performance.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:37:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Regarding the SCAR 16S:

Looking at the weight of the SPR/M4 and the 762SD, looks like the difference is about 1.1oz.   The differences between the M4000 vs the 762SD is about 2.1oz.  So, I don't think a couple of oz will have too much of an effect on a Pencil Barrel.  The better question would be:  Can the SCAR 16s handle 19oz(weight of the 762SD) at the muzzle w/o affecting performance.

I didn't notice the actual spec of the weights of each can until after I made the post. Since they are so close in weight I think the 762SD should be gtg on the scar, as I have seen a video online and a review of a scar running the spr/m4.

Does any one have any pics of the 762SD mounted on a .223 ar? I am trying to get a realistic idea of the size of the can.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:24:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I didn't notice the actual spec of the weights of each can until after I made the post. Since they are so close in weight I think the 762SD should be gtg on the scar, as I have seen a video online and a review of a scar running the spr/m4.

Does any one have any pics of the 762SD mounted on a .223 ar? I am trying to get a realistic idea of the size of the can.

How about some vids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ2FHBitAWc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3Xdt97xXGw
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top