Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2009 8:14:13 PM EDT
Just wonderiing.  My guess is that it does.  Is it tolerable without a gas buster in this case?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:26:11 PM EDT
[#1]
negligible

the majority of blow back is through the barrel not the DI system.

A gas buster helps, a high volume can helps, but just a piston, not so much.  

My 10" LWRC and DI guns are the same.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:40:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
negligible

the majority of blow back is through the barrel not the DI system.

A gas buster helps, a high volume can helps, but just a piston, not so much.  

My 10" LWRC and DI guns are the same.

this has been my experience as well.

i find that the can makes a bigger difference than anything, really.

AAC M42k, gemtech HALO, YHM (whatever the .223 can is called) all have lots of blowback in my opinion, less with a gasbuster. i really couldn't tell a difference between piston or DI when shooting guns with these cans.

my surefire (and presumably other reflex style cans and other large volume designs) have less of a gas blowback issue, i don't really feel like i need  a gasbuster for .223 with my surefire. i like it for 5.45 though. that shit's nasty. all of my uppers are DI.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:41:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 5.56 YHM and the blowback lifts my eye pro up. I almost dont like shooting with it.

Gas buster helps a little but still have the same problem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top