Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2009 6:38:24 AM EDT
I am looking for a .22 suppressor that will run around $250 and can be taken apart. A local class III dealer keeps Tactical Innovation TAC65 suppressors in stock for $250 and will help me with the paperwork. I have narrowed it down to that or a YHM Mite from ADCO (when he gets more in).

Any pros - cons of these two? I am hoping to get 35-40 decibel reduction. This will be on a MKIII 22/45 and a 10/22.

Thanks in advance.

Also...if there are other options in that price range that are better by all means tell me lol. I am open to anything.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:08:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:27:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Go with the YHM! it is worth the extra.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:26:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a Tac65 and it's been a good can, especially for the price. It's not the the absolute best but it's certainly not he worst. It works well on my .22 pistols as well as my Spikes .22 upper and 10/22. It's about as loud as a low powered pellet gun.
I use a ultra sonic cleaner for the baffles.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#4]
The tac65 is the same price as the YHM is....if I get the can from my local guy anyways.

If adco gets the YHM's back in I may go that route.

Does the YHM not have 1/2-28 threads? someone said you needed a QD of some sort for it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:23:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:46:53 AM EDT
[#6]
One of my 22 cans is a TAC65, and a friend of mine has a Mite. Get the TAC, it is much quieter. The Mite is loud as hell in comparison. On a side note, I don't use the TAC anymore since I got a Silencerco Sparrow. It is much easier to take apart and clean.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:33:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
One of my 22 cans is a TAC65, and a friend of mine has a Mite. Get the TAC, it is much quieter. The Mite is loud as hell in comparison. On a side note, I don't use the TAC anymore since I got a Silencerco Sparrow. It is much easier to take apart and clean.

What do you think about the Sparrow's reduction compared to the other two? I have a Sparrow on the way, Form 4 was approved last Friday, just waiting for it to arrive at the dealer so I can pick it up. I shot it when it first arrived, but that's the only suppressed firearm experience I have.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:22:41 PM EDT
[#8]
It is a little more than you are looking at, but i have been very pleased with my Hearing Protection LLC Checkmate.

I got one of the 1st series cans, and I hear the new ones are even better.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:57:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What do you think about the Sparrow's reduction compared to the other two? I have a Sparrow on the way, Form 4 was approved last Friday, just waiting for it to arrive at the dealer so I can pick it up. I shot it when it first arrived, but that's the only suppressed firearm experience I have.

The FRP is a bit loud on the Sparrow, but after that it is quieter than the Tac and the Mite by quite a bit to my ears. I do not regret spending the money on it at all, you will be very pleased. Sounds great on a rifle and a pistol.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:51:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I have the Tac 65 and for the money I couldn't be happier.  I've fired it alongside more expensive .22 cans and the Tac 65 performs as well or better than any I've heard.  

YMMV
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:11:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Waiting on my Sparrow to clear. Great design and sounds comparable to the aac aviator. Haven't shot it next to an element or prodigy but hope to tomorrow.

The inner half tubes are a great idea and make it pop right out of the tube without any trouble.
No experience with the Tac65 though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top