Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 11:52:48 PM EDT
Is it easily cleaned?  Can it be broken down?  119dB is pretty impressive.  I am new to suppressors, and I think I like the integral design.  Very quiet, yet you get to keep the OAL of 16".  I think this will be the route for me, assuming it has the lifespan of a threaded suppressor.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:58:02 AM EDT
[#1]
As far as I know it can't be broken down but I may be wrong.  Is it the SBR version or the non-SBR one?

119db is very vague as 115gr supersonic will be louder than 147gr subsonic ammo.  The key to look at is dB reduction not the final numbers as its 100% dependent of the round being fired.

I have seen(and have a few) 9mm cans that are notably quieter than any of the SRT's that I have shot(including an integrally suppressed 9mm upper.

All suppressors to my experience have the same lifespan whether they be integral, screw on, QD, and end user serviceable.

Where in NM are you?

-TS
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:48:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Technically, I have have one.  It's just sitting at the dealer's place waiting for my paperwork to return.  It can't be taken apart.  No real need to clean a centerfire can.

Call Doug and talk to him.  He's a nice guy.  I asked him how long the suppressor would last.  I can't remember what he said, but I do remember thinking to myself that there was no way I would ever shoot that much (not much help, I know).  It was tens of thousands of rounds.

I can't have SBRs in AL, so I went with the 16" version.  I was impressed by the suppressor testing, which is why I started looking at the SRT in the first place.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:41:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
As far as I know it can't be broken down but I may be wrong.  Is it the SBR version or the non-SBR one?

119db is very vague as 115gr supersonic will be louder than 147gr subsonic ammo.  The key to look at is dB reduction not the final numbers as its 100% dependent of the round being fired.

I have seen(and have a few) 9mm cans that are notably quieter than any of the SRT's that I have shot(including an integrally suppressed 9mm upper.

All suppressors to my experience have the same lifespan whether they be integral, screw on, QD, and end user serviceable.

Where in NM are you?

-TS

It was on www.silencerresearch.com/Reviews/9mm_integral_shootout.htm and they used 147g (subsonic) rounds.

What I am looking for, is something that will be similar to shooting an unsuppressed .22LR using CB longs.  My Marlin 60 with CB longs is about the same, maybe a bit louder than most pellet air rifles.  Ive noticed many of the suppressed .22LR rifles are around 115dB, also similar to an air rifle/paintball gun. Of the 3 integral 9mm's that silenerresearch.com reviews, the one I mentioned above was the only one that came close to that level of quietness.

EDIT:

Oh yea, non-SBR.  I think is is part of the reason why I like the integral so much.  Fully suppressed (it seems like they tend to be a bit quieter than threaded cans), yet you can retain 16" OAL.  There is no unsuppressed data, as they cant be tested that way.

One thing I noticed in a video I just watched, the SRT is not designed to slow a 115/124g bullet down, so they will produce the supersonic crack.  I guess if you want subsonic noise levels, the 147g round must be used.

I am in Roswell, so if you ever want to get together and give me a little schooling on the subject in person, I'd be delighted to do so.  Just let me know what your favorite flavor of beer is ;)
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:58:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

-TS

What combo would be quieter than SRT's integral upper? I would hate to buy one if there is a better setup available.  Thanks
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:55:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:33:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Buy the SRT, I have 5 cans made by Doug and they kick ASS. He is awesome to deal with and always quick to get paperwork and can to the dealer. Any time I have a question he is quick to get back to me and very easy to deal with.

All 5 of my SRT's are excellent quality no problems at all. I have 2-5.56, 1-7.62, 1-9mm, and 1-.22, they rock. I recently purchased another can which Im waiting on approval since early June then I will have 6 of my 8 cans made by SRT. Its the Titanium can for one of my 5.56 SBR's which I can't wait to shoot. He let me test fire one a couple months ago and it was sweet, light weight and quiet with the subsonic 5.56 he has. Even with xm193 it kicked ass.

You would not go wrong buying anything from him, all of his sound data is completed by Alan Paulson an independant sound expert. Even if another company has something quieter Doug isn't afraid to put that on his paperwork. He does testing most supressor companies don't even bother with. Besides the sound value 1 meter to the left of the muzzle, he also has them tested 15 centimeters from the ear where the shooter is going to get most of the noise. Its the most honest data I have ever seen.

If you like what you have and it works for you fine. It doesn't mean the data provided by Doug is wrong. I have shot every supressor he makes, his numbers are good to go.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top