Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 7:45:14 AM EDT
Can I use the same suppressor with both the Walther P22 and my Spikes .22LR dedicated upper?  If yes, any recommendations?  If no, what do you recommend for each?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:45:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, but depends on how long the thread's are on the Spike's Tactical upper too. If they are .6" long, you may need a .2" long spacer.

A lot of the .22 suppressors thread's are .4" long. Normally, AR barrel threads are .6" long, you may touch the blast baffle when suppressor is screwed on. I know the SWR Spectre thread's are .6" long, so there is no problem with running that Suppressor on a .22 conv. AR barrel.

I'd also recommend getting a Stainless "take apart" can that you can clean yourself. Running a .22 AR, you'll put a lot of rounds thru it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:15:26 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks

I was looking at the YHM Mite.  It's a "take apart" can also.  If I understand you I can use that can on both, but will need a .2" long spacer for the spikes upper???
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:24:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
thanks

I was looking at the YHM Mite.  It's a "take apart" can also.  If I understand you I can use that can on both, but will need a .2" long spacer for the spikes upper???

Mite is fine for both. You have to measure the threads on the Spike's upper. I don't know how long they make them. Under 1/2" (.4") your good to go, over 1/2" (.6") you might need a spacer.
Ask how long the threads on the Mite are too, I don't have one of those.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:53:18 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the info.  very helpful.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:51:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I use a wraith on both the P22 and a Spikes upper.  I have a QD on each and no spacer is needed.  The QD (at lesat for the wraith) is good to go @ .625, and anything shorter is fine, so long as the shoulder of the barrel is square to the bore to give the QD a square stopping point.

~Dan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top