Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2007 3:04:53 PM EDT
Wondering what the sound is like. Maybe I need a dedicated 22 can?
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 3:10:01 PM EDT
[#1]
AZ, just get a .22 can, you know you want too anyway.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 3:43:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Just bite the bullet and get a .22 can. .22 is such a dirty round that it's not even worth it. It's the same argument with people asking about using a 5.56 can, it just makes it dirty, and you end up spending more time cleaning it, and if it's not a take-apart can, you'll never truly get it clean.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 6:18:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Wondering what the sound is like. Maybe I need a dedicated 22 can?

I tried a Trinity on a PacLite upper (22/45)

It's definately quiet, but not as quiet as a .22 can.

plus,  it looks and feels HUGE on the pistol

Link Posted: 6/17/2007 1:26:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah you can do it, it will work, and it will be relatively quiet.

If you think you want to do it a lot, just get a .22 can.  Of all the suppressors, the .22 cans are my favorite.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 1:56:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I've shot my Trident on my Sig Mosquito and my AAC Pilot is a little quieter and as said above, it feels really out of place because it's so big.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 5:36:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Can you take apart the Trident for cleaning?
I am in the market for a 9mm can with the possibility of using it on a .22 SMG as well.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 7:26:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Can you take apart the Trident for cleaning?
I am in the market for a 9mm can with the possibility of using it on a .22 SMG as well.

No.  I don't know of a 9mm you can (of course that doesn't mean there isn't one).  

I was afraid that post would start another .22 fight.   I don't mean you have, but I'm just waiting on what will start the next shitstorm pissing match about shooting .22 through anything and how dirty it is.  

Personally, I have a dedicated .22 can and I shoot .22 through it.  I shoot 9mm through my Trident and .223 through my YHM PHantom.   I personally choose not to shoot .22 in my Trident.   I shot a few rounds just for kicks to see what it would sound like.  

For a .22 SMG, as long as you understand how dirty .22 is and how quickly you will really get your can nasty, go for it, it's your can and your money and piss on the folks who say you shouldn't do it.  Now, me personally,  I would get a dedicated .22 can for you sub.   If you can afford a MG, you can afford $200-$300 for a cheap .22 can that you can take apart and clean.  My local SOT has an AM180 and he opened up the suppressor on it one day and I was amazed at the crap that came out.   Talk about nasty.  FA .22 is amazingly nasty.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 9:40:11 PM EDT
[#8]
A friend showed me his AAC .22 can he has had for a few months with 5000 rounds of .22lr through it.  I was shocked.  The guys are not joking at the EXREME level of molten lead and carbon that cake up inside the can and it is next to IMOPSSIBLE TO REMOVE.  I was going to shoot .22lr through my SPR/M4 till I got a dedicated .22 upper and can but changed my mind REAL fast.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 8:58:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Draver in the Oregon HT section runs a (I wanna say) Trident on his FA 22LR M-16. He's done it for years apparently and has not had an issue with it as far as I know. Maybe he'll chime in soon.

Link Posted: 6/19/2007 9:40:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Draver in the Oregon HT section runs a (I wanna say) Trident on his FA 22LR M-16. He's done it for years apparently and has not had an issue with it as far as I know. Maybe he'll chime in soon.

It finally filled up with lead, he sent it back to SWR to have it cleaned.
Link Posted: 6/20/2007 4:41:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks guys, I couldn't remember where I had posted that question so I started another thread on the Trident.
I ordered one of the 9mm uppers from Calico for my MAC and I am looking for a good 9mm SMG can.
I also ordered the .22 upper as well.
I will start another thread about .22 SMG suppressor so as to not hijack this one.
Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top