Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2007 2:41:05 AM EDT
I am thinking of buying a Trident for use on a few pistols, but if I get it, I am going to build a 9mm AR to add to the fun. Just wondering since most of the 9mm barrels I see are 1/2x36", what is the most used way of attaching a can, 3-lug or using a thread adapter? I was not leaning toward the 3 lug because the cost of the can attachment is more than a thread adapter from say, TROS, but just wanted to verify everything with the masses. Would it be possible to get a 9mm barrel threaded right to 1/2x28" right from the maker ( I am thinking of going with CMMG) and bore out a 556 FH to 9mm to use as the muzzle device when the can is not being used? Feel free to post pics if you have them also Thanks
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:35:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I suspect via a threaded barrel (1/2-28); other models use a QD adapter.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:14:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I like my Gentech Trinity system.  I have a 3-lug mount (for use with TROS 9.25" barrel), the threaded mount (for certain pistols) and the LID mount (for Sig 226).  While the AAC product may be quieter, I like the flexibility of the Trinity.  For me, the 3-lug mount is the only way to go with a suppressed 9mm AR-15 based platform.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:14:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:35:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:33:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I prefer a three-lug mount and highly recommend TROS barrels.

Mark

+1
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:37:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Duct Tape?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:48:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I prefer a three-lug mount and highly recommend TROS barrels.

Wholeheartedly agree.....!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top