Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2006 3:13:53 AM EDT
Could the ops can work on a XCR barrel? I'm wanting to get a can the fits over the barrel.
thanks
chris
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:35:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think you can put an Ops Inc. can on the pencil barrel that is presently on your XCR.  The Ops can needs a collar that is used to index the can and is usually installed on barrels that have a straight profile.  Since the barrel diameter is smaller than the shoulder diameter, I don't see how you could install the collar needed to seat the can.  I have talked to Alex Robinson and he is planning on making fluted medium weight barrels that will work with all cans, but he didn't have a release date yet.

Then again, I could be completely wrond.  If you look closely at the way my AAC Ranger fits you will see the shoulder the can buts up against.  It looks like a ring on the barrel and it is slightly larger in diameter than the rest of the barrel.  The collar of the Ops can is mounted about two inches behind the barrel shoulder which on the XCR barrel is a smaller diameter.  

MadDog

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:31:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:54:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Bigbore,

Can you explain the process of re-contouring the XCR pencil barrel so it will accept an Ops collar?  My AAC Ranger now permanently resides on my 10.5" upper so I would like to get an Ops can for my XCR pencil barrel.  I want to keep the OAL as short as possible without SBR'ing the XCR.  I want to be able to take at least one suppressed weapon out of state without filing paperword and all my other uppers are SBR's.

Thanks,
MadDog
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:39:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:31:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Bigbore,
thats cool can you guys do that? I'd like to get it done I've got an m4-2000 but I was thinking that an over the barrel can would ballance out better than the m4.
Let me know what we have to do to make it happen.
thanks
chris
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:33:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Maddog,
Do you have one of the new gas valves from robinson just wondering if its worth the money. i like the gun it shoots nice with a can it sounds good I feel like I get more blow back than my ar.
chris
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:50:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, I have the new suppressor gas valve and with the new valve there is absolutely no blow-back.  I get a little with my AR and none with my XCR set on the #1 setting.

MadDog
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:17:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Maddog thanks for the info very COOL!! I'll have to get one.
chris
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top