Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2006 6:42:23 PM EDT
I recently purchased and I am awaiting on a Sig 226 Tactical.  This pistol has the left hand metric threads.  In order to use this pistol with the Gemtech Trinity, I need to purchase a $130 (120+10 shipping) LID.  I already have a 1/2X28 LID.  I saw that the end of the LID had a spot to unscrew the LID, so I did so and saw the following:

I see no reason they cannot sell me another piston with the correct threads.  

I have purchased a threaded endcap with the correct left hand thread, but Gemtech told the dealer I bought it from that I would need a different LID.  I bought a pack of reduced recoil springs from Wolff for use with the the new encap, hoping for reliable operation.  We shall see.

I am emailing Gemtech to see if they can sell me a new piston instead.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:48:42 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I see no reason they cannot sell me another piston with the correct threads.  

***Me either. We sell replacement LID cores all the time for needs just as this. Whistle one up if you need one, no need to buy a whole new LID.

Regards,

Kel

(Standard ARFCOM Disclaimers: Industry Deathmerchant - Cage Code 1F0J3, Current holder of "Employee of The Month Parking Space" At Gemtech, I do this for a living, etc.)

يستطيع أنت سمعتني الآن ؟
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:01:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Great, how much and I will send for one.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:37:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Phil is going to send me another core.  Cost is $50 plus 5 for shipping.  Beats having to buy a whole other one.

Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top