Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2002 7:29:30 AM EDT
With all the hubbub about the crime bill possibly sunsetting in '04 (no, I'm not an optimist...), I was wondering if any gunlaws have ever been repealed/allowed to sunset once passed.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 9:18:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, the '94 AWB was repealed in the House after the Republican Revolution during the Clinton administration. I watched it live on C-Span. There weren't enough votes in the Senate to override the inevitable presidential veto so it died with no further action. McClure-Volkmer in '86 fixed some things wrong with '68 GCA. Those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 11:56:02 AM EDT
[#2]
well,the one that ends "shall not be infringed"
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 12:06:38 PM EDT
[#3]
i hope some one one day votes to be able to undo the ban on some weapons.  such as pre-ban / post ban.  i want a flash supressor and a lug nut but nooooo i can have one without paying a ton a $.  it sucks.  the 2nd says we can keep and bear arms.  it doesnt say the government has to tell us what kind to keep and bear.  it makes me mad. i hope someone relizes the stupidity of the ban and removes it. (so i dont have a bayonett lug or flash hider.  the gun still shoots)  its stupid to ban all the cool accessories for nothing.  unless of course i want to spend the big bucks.  i think next year i am going to get a pre-ban M-4 from bushy.  if they have them.  the U.S. Government needs to be reformated because i dont like this BIG GOVERNMENT thing thas happening.  its even worse after 9-11.  example, we bairly have the right to fly anymore.  all the ristructions! its annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  we need to fix the U.S. Government and tell them we can be independent and that they dont need to run our lives.  (does any of this make sense?)
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 10:50:12 PM EDT
[#4]
in kalif a lot of small cities that have "sat night special" laws are repealing them, west hollywood is one.

but this is mainly because the state BS15 law more or less over rides them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top