Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2002 10:52:42 AM EDT
You know you are a gun nut when:

You wife asks if you can stop by the new Black Hills discount shop in town, and you are halfway to the car checkbook in hand when you realize that chances are that the store does not sell match grade ammo by the case lot.
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 4:34:41 PM EDT
[#1]
When.................................

You can't remember your wife's or your kid's birthday but you can quote 40 different reloading weights & powders.

You have no food, no electricity nor money to buy either but you have three guns on lay-a-way.

You ask a female her opinion on gun control before you ever ask her out.

You can't remember who your state Rep and Senator are but you can quote serial numbers off of most of your guns.

You haven't cleaned your house in a month or showered in a week but all of your guns would pass a Marine Corps inspection in a NY minute.

You shake like a dog shitting peach pits but you hold steadier than a passed out drunk when shooting.

You wonder what's so funny about the "I got a gun for my wife, best trade..." bumper sticker?

You wonder what all this fuss is about "homeland security" when all it takes is about a few dozen of your gun show buddies & a couple of RV's to cover most of the alledged targets. Who needs the Guard?

You see very few problems that couldn't be solved by the application of multiple shots.

You really start to worry when you're down to your last three or four thousand rds.

You get tears in your eyes every time you watch a Dirty Harry movie.

You'd watch nothing but the Western & History channels if your wife would let you.

You wonder why all the gun banning liberals haven't been mugged yet.

You haven't a clue when the next election is but you've memorized the next three years of gun shows.

You have Brownells on your speed dial. First.

You try to support the gun-a-month laws by buying one a month.

Your local gun shop owner sends you an invitation to his kid's college graduation.

You wonder while at work who's out using the gun range?

Every time you see a beautiful woman you think of which gun she'd prefer instead of how'd she be in bed.

You give up all the Playboy calanders in leiu of Gordon Liddy's Stacked-n-Packed ones.

Humbly submitted.  :)
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 4:59:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I have never seen a Stacked-n-Packed calendar... where can I check it out?
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 5:00:09 PM EDT
[#3]
You know, as I was reading the quotes I was laughing at how funny they are until I started thinking. Now I'm not so sure their all that funny, since a few of them hit home. I really have to get a hobby.
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Me and my wife have known I'm a gun nut for a long time.

It really came home when we recently moved. Before we left the house I loaded all my guns into a couple cars. I went over all my guns in my head before we left so as not to forget any.

Guess what?

I forgot one.

Please don't judge me too harshly. It was an incredibly busy day (me and my buddies moving my entire house in a day).

AND I realized I'd left one as soon as we got to the new house and unloaded them. The one I'd left was wrapped in a blanket in a closet and had been overlooked.

So you know you're a gun nut when:

1. You forget how many guns you have.

2. Every time you clean your truck (or car for you yuppies) you find live rounds.

3. Everytime you clean your truck bed you find rusty live rounds.

4. You're always wondering how many yards away something is, and if you can hit it with your rifle.

5. Vacation? Fuck that! More guns and ammo!

6. You've got a gun tattoo.

7. If you've ever shot a tree in half.

Link Posted: 2/24/2002 12:41:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have never seen a Stacked-n-Packed calendar... where can I check it out?

They're the best!!  Liddy came to Nashville a few months ago with about 10 of the girls for an autograph session. The cover girl & Jan (same girl) is from TN.

Go to www.theggordonliddyshow.com & the calander is on the home page. Click on it for some shots. You'll thank me later.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 2:48:15 PM EDT
[#6]
You guys want to read about "Gun Nuts"?

3-4 years ago that topic ran on rec.guns and I compiled a list of them.  Over the years I have added to that list new truisms that have been posted on the various boards.

You Might Be A Gun Nut...
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 4:42:22 AM EDT
[#7]

That one killed me !!!!!

And yes I have
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 6:24:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 12:13:41 PM EDT
[#9]
If you wished someone a happy 2-23 on Saturday.

Yes I did.
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 12:18:15 PM EDT
[#10]
You regularly have lunch with the guys at the gun shop.
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 1:50:52 PM EDT
[#11]
You know you are a gun nut when....

All you ever talk about is guns

Your friend wonders why cant you talk about something other than guns

You regularly converse with employees at gun shops and they know you by first name.

You are obsessed with powerful magnum rounds....

You do your best to make your gun look "evil"

You develop an interest in politics only because it affects your ability to get guns....

You wont marry someone, no matter how beautiful, or compatible she (or he) is, until you know for a fact that she (or he) loves guns.

You go to gun shows and drool at those cobrays and Tec-9's and other "evil" looking guns.

You base your manhood on how big your gun is....

You are still reading this.

You cant seem to understand why people hate guns so therefore you conclude that because they are stupid....

Instead of sighting in rifles with legit targets, you use pictures of Sarah Brady, Bill Clinton, Chucky Schumer, Diane Feinstein, et all as targets.

You have multiple credit cards with limits exceeding 5000 dollars and they are *ALL* Maxxed out.

You spend 800 dollars on an AR upper just to be able to get 30-06 energy out of your AR when a FAL would have been cheaper....

You spend 500+ dollars on Tannery lowers and toolings/jigs just to have a "off the book" firearm.

You develop an interest in machine shop so you can make guns....

You major in Mechanical Engineering (or try to) just so that you can get access to machine shop so you can make gunz...

Your goal in life is to be able to hit a 8 inch pie at 1000 yards.

You spend over 100K on an EDM machine and you dont even run a production shop!

You are STILL reading this

Instead of buying cars, you buy GUNS.

You buy your kid a handgun for his 21st birthday (a AR-15 on his 18th birthday)

Your home reeks with smells of cleaning solvents....

You buy a guitar case so you can hide guns in your dorm....

You spend 200K on a country land so you can shoot....

You carry concealed to your class (even though it is illegal to do so...)

You constantly see a white van parked outside your home.....

You apply for a C/R license so you can buy more GUNS

You are STILL reading this!!!!

Link Posted: 2/25/2002 2:43:56 PM EDT
[#12]
You are sitting on a firearms website, reading about how you know if you are a gun nut.   ...As if you were not sure you qualified yet.
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 2:57:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

That one killed me !!!!!

And yes I have

ditto been there done that twice.

When I wake up in the morning before i leave for work I'm in my gun safe fondling my collection :)

When I get home from work I again go to the safe fondle my tools then kiss the wife and kids hello and pet the dog ( in that order)

" yeah I'm a gun nut "
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 3:06:22 PM EDT
[#14]
When....

1. your using hoppes No9 has perfume.

2. when every conversation comes up its about
  a rifle you like best.

3. when you turn down a pretty lady for a
  weapon.(more interesting).

4. everything is measured in yards.

5. everything you through has windage to it.
  you calculate it.(like base ball etc.)

6. you have ballistics chart for your truck.

7. your speedometer is measured in FPS.
  instead of mph.

8. when you buy ammo the UPS guy say's DAMN! son
  the only guy's buy this much ammo is  
  cops, and you have more than they do.

9. when you ran out of money for a new rifle you
  think about selling one of you organ's  
  for donation's

10. when the Government calls you a terrorist!

Link Posted: 2/25/2002 5:39:11 PM EDT
[#15]
I have got you all beat. My last girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me because she said I loved my guns more than I loved her. No Sh!t, true story. She dumped my this last september.

P.S. I'll admit I have also shot a tree in half.
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 5:48:14 PM EDT
[#16]
You give up drinking, drugging & crime not because it is a good idea, but because you might lose your rights to purchase new guns.
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 5:48:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

At least you have never been arrested for terrorism. Now that is an experience. Big misunderstanding on the cop end of the deal. Thought I was going to die. 14 duty guns and 6 shotguns pointed at my head. Just praying they had no ichy trigger fingers. If one gun went off at that moment. I would have had some serious lead flying at me.
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 6:39:48 PM EDT
[#18]
You know you're a gun nut if...

you've ever placed an order for more than one ton of ammo at a time.

you've paid enough in transfer taxes to buy more than one ton of ammo.

when you go to your sheriff's dept. to get a CLEO signature for another class 3 weapon, he already knows who you are, why you're there and compliments you on being better armed than his entire SWAT team.

when looking to buy a new car or truck, you have to assess where on the vehicle you can mount a pedestal or ring mount for the beltfed weapons.

Link Posted: 2/25/2002 6:45:11 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

That one killed me !!!!!

And yes I have

Me too!  I clipped a three inch diameter maple sapling with IMI 125gr. .38+P hollow points...yes I was at it for quite a while.
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 8:12:40 PM EDT
[#20]
You know you're a gun nut when:
You carry a copy of the shotgunnews and other firearms dealer catalogs in your bible so you can pass them out to the other guys when you go to church
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 8:35:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Lets see if Kaliburz can think of some new ones:

You know you are a gun nut when: ......

You go down to the local indoor range to BS at least twice a week.... or twice a day.

When the local gun shop owner lets you open up the display case and show the guns to 'customers'.

When the gun shop owner offers you to open the store up for him in the morning....alarm codes and keys.

When the gun shop owner lets you walk back behind the counter, to his office w/ out batting an eye....and rummage in the back room to see what is new.

When you friends ask you how many guns you have, and you reply, "complete working or projects in the works" before answering.

When you can find better gun deals then the local gun shop dealer.

When you and another 'friend' are competing on who as the most guns.

When you feel guilty when you're given 6 80-85% condition Colt 20rnd AR15 mags.... and you want to return the favor.

When you're friends w/ the owner of a 'firearm' manufacturing company.

Ah......... I can't think of any more.....
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 8:36:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

At least you have never been arrested for terrorism. Now that is an experience. Big misunderstanding on the cop end of the deal. Thought I was going to die. 14 duty guns and 6 shotguns pointed at my head. Just praying they had no ichy trigger fingers. If one gun went off at that moment. I would have had some serious lead flying at me.

Fire? You can't bring FIRE on the plane...
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 9:49:40 PM EDT
[#23]
When your mom stops by the night before an AR15.com shoot, shortly after 9/11, looks around the room, and asks if you're planning on invading Afganistan.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 9:24:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Some new ones.....

When you are better equiped then the local swat team.

When you realize that your safe can't hold any more.... and you've already taken out the ammo and handguns.

When you are registered on every single 'discussion forum' site you can find that is 'gun related'.

Link Posted: 2/26/2002 10:32:09 PM EDT
[#25]
For the students among us, you know when...

...your GPA begins to resemble your favorite caliber: .223

Link Posted: 2/27/2002 4:39:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Somehow I knew I wasn't the only one who had shot a tree in half! LOL. Call it a hunch.

And Sniperm88, I know what you're saying. I never got into to drugs really, but got into quite a bit of trouble when I was younger (barfights, streetbrawls, various other minor offenses).

When I finally came up against a felony charge it hit me. If convicted I COULDN"T OWN GUNS ANYMORE. Luckily the charge was dropped (it was a bogus charge to begin with).

Needless to say I try to keep my nose clean nowadays. I still like to drink beer, but I stay home instead of going to the bars.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top