Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2002 9:33:32 AM EDT
I've had my eye on a Robinson M96 for a while.At my local gunshow there is a person selling one,asking price 1250. used but with box and papers. I offered him 1000 cash and he came back at 1150. I have made him the same offer for the last 5 shows/months and he does not budge. the difference is 150 which is keeping us from doing a deal. I think my cash offer is fair seeing the gun market is a little soft these days. he's held on to it for the last 5 months over 150 bucks. Should I move on and look for another Robinson or up my offer?
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 10:06:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Gun market soft?  Soft compaired to the days when there were 20 types of surplus rifles at every table at every show, or behind the counter at every shop maybe. Since Sept 11 though this has been a sellers market.
I don't know what the prices in your area are, so I can't comment on that, but there has be be a reason that he won't budge.  Rarely will a dealer not budge over a period of time and not sell the rifle when he has multiple chances to make a profit.  (This paragraph does not apply to the Ohio Gun Collectors shows. Rare! $1200 Yugo M48 Mausers my butt)

I don't have the dealers catalogue in front of me, but $1150 sounds like a steal to me.

You say you have been looking at this one for five months and want to know if you should look for another Robinson; have you not seen any others in the last five months. If so, what were the prices on them? If there are no others in the local gun shows there is your answer, he is the only guy in town with the toy, he can name his price.

Just my 2 cents on this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top