Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2002 10:30:06 PM EDT
I'm looking to change the aluminum alloy trigger guard out (on my Remington 700P-DM) with a steel one.  I know Badger makes a steel replacement for the hinged floorplate version.  Does anyone know of any companies that make them for the detachable mag versions?  I'm only interested in one that will work with the Remmy mags ('cuz I already went out and bought a bunch as spares).  Thanks.

hsld.
Link Posted: 2/20/2002 5:01:10 PM EDT
[#1]
You might check this post on Snipercountry...

Tactical Guards for Rem SHORT ACTION 700 $125

http://www.snipercountry.com/forsale/Display_Message.asp?Message=0000001827.txt

It doesn't appear to specify DM or HP
Link Posted: 2/20/2002 7:49:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Brownells has at least 3 or 4 of them listed in the catalog.
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 9:00:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.  I've got Snipercountry on my favorites list - still haven't found a replacement for the DM version on it.  Same thing with the Brownells catalog that I've got.  Lots of replacement steel trigger guards but nothing to swap out the original DM guard with(that also uses the stock Remmy mags).

hsld.
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 10:29:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Having a PSS DM myself, i did a little asking around a while back. I've heard things like the DM problems can't be fixed, to it will misfeed 1 in 20 rounds etc. while other have no problem. I found two solutions I would consider satisfactory (but haven't used myself-yet).

1) HS Precision, the company that makes the stock, has a DM replacement trigger guard with a mag setup that doesn't use the reciever cuts because it is a single stack mag. So, you could even convert  a BDL to a mag feed and this is supposed to be a reliable and quality setup. They may even have 10 rd mags. IIRC it was about $165 so it is probably the most cost effective. Drawback-it doesn't displace the stock inletting on the DM so you may have an unsightly gap (which could be filled) where the original mag was wider.

2) The AICS (Accuracy International Chassis System) for about 650 would also solve the problem and considering what you get for that, if you are going to invest in other accessories to get the best out of your rifle, may be worth it in the long run.

Also DD Ross may have something, but you'd have to check.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top