Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2002 3:39:06 PM EDT
Does anybody else have one of these? Also in looking around in several different shops yesterday I got to look at several CETME's, it looks like this may be my next purchase!
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 4:58:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I was going to order one of these M44's then seen an ad for the Yugo SKS M59/66.  I ordered the SKS.  I saved up a few bucks then found a M39 at a local shop, so the M44 was put on hold again.  

I do have a Century Built CETME on the Special Weapons stainless cast receiver.  I have heard that people have had troubles with these, but mine has been trouble free.  

OSA
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 5:03:17 PM EDT
[#2]
The guys I've talked to that have CETME's love them. Accurate and low recoil even with a .308. What more could you ask for? Oh, and there is plenty of "cool factor".
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 7:56:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I am worried about AIM saying that M44's in mummy wrap are not allowed to be returned.
Has anyone had problems with any of these?
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 8:26:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I am worried about AIM saying that M44's in mummy wrap are not allowed to be returned.
Has anyone had problems with any of these?

try www.milsurpshooter.com
or www.gunboards.com

Have heard both good and bad.  Kind of depends on the rifle itself.  I think you'll have fun with it either way.  I wouldn't be too worried about it.  Try the above links for more advice.

P.S.  Your shoulder will hate you!
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 9:31:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered two M44's and a Schmidt-Rubin from AIM a week ago Saturday. I expected them in Friday, but didm't happen. Should have them in a couple of days.
I'll let you know how they look and feel.
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 3:14:02 PM EDT
[#6]
The dealer I work with gets almost all of his rifles from Aim. We have sold dozens of these M44s. 99% are in great condition.
Have fun getting the cosmoline off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top