Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2002 3:30:14 PM EDT
Bushmaster Varminter 24"
I just pick up a Varminter 24" I am looking for a scope for it. I  look at Bushmaster.com but the one they have mounted is in the 699 range. I just can't bring my self to that. I  have two night-force's on my sniper rifles and I love them. I just can afford that big nut just yet..
308Sniper
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 3:44:32 PM EDT
[#1]
What power range, what price range, what are you looking for?  I have a number of new scopes I'm selling if interested, but tell me what you are looking for first.  Zeiss, Nikon and Leupold.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 5:44:29 PM EDT
[#2]
How about a Leupold 3.5-10x40 L/R M3

GIB

Link Posted: 2/17/2002 6:47:25 PM EDT
[#3]
GI-BRAT nailed it on the head, for most applications that is the best optic out there.
If you need more power Go to SWFA's websight and pick another Leupold, but remember weight is an issue with bigger scopes.
Nightforce makes a great scope but they weigh too much for an AR-15, great on an AR10 though.
Some of the Leupold hunting models are great, lightweight, highpower, lifetime warrenty, and at a better price than the mil-spec models.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 7:36:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Considering a $700 scope was an issue for him, do you think a $750 scope is a good choice?

308Sniper, what price range are you looking in, we can't help you without it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2002 4:13:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I wanted to stay around $450, do like the swing-level rail that GID had on the Leupold.  I know that would be more than I am looking to spend.  I already have an excellent set of rings for a 30mm tube. So a Zeiss or a Nikon would be a welcome site. I have a long-range scope by Tasco Model TAC 8-40x56 that I refuse to use. I have a very bad taste in my mouth from the Tasco company and will never buy or use a Tasco product again. I would however give it up as a full or partial trade for a better choice scope. The Tasco has 2 sunshades in original box with all papers and has only been mounted for photographs and than returned to its box where it has sat for over a year.  Thanks for all of your help so far.
308Sniper
Link Posted: 2/20/2002 6:32:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got the catalog today!

That is a **NICE** rifle...gotta get one of those uppers eventually. Then add a Jewel trigger
Link Posted: 2/20/2002 6:56:57 PM EDT
[#7]
May want to look around snipercountry.com there are usally some deals on scopes, Also any good hunting scope will work well, look on Premier reticles websight for options on adding a MIL DOT to whatever scope you decide on.
Link Posted: 2/20/2002 7:36:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Bushmaster Varminter 24"
I just pick up a Varminter 24" I am looking for a scope for it. I  look at Bushmaster.com but the one they have mounted is in the 699 range. I just can't bring my self to that. I  have two night-force's on my sniper rifles and I love them. I just can afford that big nut just yet..
308Sniper

I'm picking up my Varminter 24"  this coming monday, and a Tasco Sniper  16X42 is going on it.  I have had it on a number of different rifles, and been happy everytime.    I understand that when this scope came out it was adopted for the Navy Seal team.  I believe they are using something else now.  When I bought it wholesale was $299.  now that is the going price.  It also somes in a 10X and 20X.  If price is a concern then this is an option to consider.
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 6:49:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I wanted to stay around $450, do like the swing-level rail that GID had on the Leupold. I know that would be more than I am looking to spend. I already have an excellent set of rings for a 30mm tube. So a Zeiss or a Nikon would be a welcome site. I have a long-range scope by Tasco Model TAC 8-40x56 that I refuse to use. I have a very bad taste in my mouth from the Tasco company and will never buy or use a Tasco product again. I would however give it up as a full or partial trade for a better choice scope. The Tasco has 2 sunshades in original box with all papers and has only been mounted for photographs and than returned to its box where it has sat for over a year. Thanks for all of your help so far.
308Sniper
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top