Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2002 12:14:36 PM EDT
I remember watching an AR 10 Mpeg here and having them discuss the possibility of detatching one side of the trigger guard so you can shoot with heavy gloves on.  Can the same be done with an AR 15?  I see a small pin and don't see it really possible to pull with out some sort of punch.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 12:21:28 PM EDT
[#1]
yaaaaa,

just knock out the roll pin, usually the front......
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 3:34:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Unless I’m missing something here, you just use the bullet nose of a round to depress the spring loaded detent at the front of the triggerguard, right side.  

This releases the front of the triggerguard, which can then be pivoted down towards the grip.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 6:22:25 PM EDT
[#3]
199 got it right. You just depress the little pin that is on the right front side of the trigger guard. It will just swing back and down out of the way.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 7:54:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Ah, ok. got it.  I didn't look at the front because it only had the pin showing on one side, so I concentrated on the back.

Thanks guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top