Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2002 2:37:19 PM EDT
Does it matter what brand of lower receiver you buy if you put together an AR? Are their brands I should avoid? Any help will be apprieciated.

Also on a question on post-ban M-4 stocks. Are they just one length, or can you put in spacers to make them longer for those who don't like really short stocks.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 4:23:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an oly arms preban lower with a 4 position rock river tactical m4 stock. It extends to about 1" longer than a standard m16 stock, its 3rd position is the correct (actual) m16 size.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 5:14:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Rock River Arms makes an excellent lower. Colt, Bushmaster and Armalite are all no brainers. I'd be a little careful with the others-my opinion. Colt's have the damn block and different sized pins which would keep me from buying. Damn pain in the ass. The RRA lowers are excellent and the price is also excellent. Great fit and finish. Someone around here is selling them at a very good price. Jump on it if you want my two cents.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 6:28:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Rock River Arms makes an excellent lower. Colt, Bushmaster and Armalite are all no brainers. I'd be a little careful with the others-my opinion. Colt's have the damn block and different sized pins which would keep me from buying. Damn pain in the ass. The RRA lowers are excellent and the price is also excellent. Great fit and finish. Someone around here is selling them at a very good price. Jump on it if you want my two cents.

Guy is Pete-in-NH, place is "Legal Transfers". Look under Industry Forum-see very top of page. Just remembered after seeing another thread.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 11:07:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I just received a Rock River stripped lower receiver from Gunsmoke really good quality 95.00
   ....... Bluemax
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 11:53:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Hesse is the only one I would stay clear of.  I just bought a DPMS, Bushmaster and a Rock River lowers and assembled them and I cannot see a lick of difference between them.  Accept the price.  Go with the best price.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 5:11:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I have read here of people haveing problems with them in the past,but in the last year I have put together 3 AR's on the olympic arms forged recievers.No problems except one has a snug mag well.It has gotten much better with use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top