Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2002 11:07:39 AM EDT
What are some good trigger modifications/products to lighten the trigger pull?

I have found a couple online, but I have no idea what I am looking for, what types are best, etc. All I know is the kind that you have to file can be expensive if you file a hair too much....

I want a system that I can always reverse back to factory condition.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 11:31:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Jewell trigger.

Search for Georgia Precision and email him.  Best price around.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Are those kits easy to install for someone who has never taken his trigger assembly apart?

It couldn't be that hard could it???
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 12:29:53 PM EDT
[#4]
There are really two solutions:

(1) simply replace the factory spring with a lighter one.  JP makes a reduced power spring set ($10) that will reduce trigger pull to between 4½-5 lbs.  

(2) Replace your factory (heavy pull by design) trigger with a quality aftermarket trigger that is either set or can be adjusted to a lighter pull.  There a many mfrs. (RRA, DPMS, Jewell, JP, Accuracy Speaks) that make quality triggers that break with less pressure.  There are either single stage and two-stage triggers, with some being adjustable and others not.  Exactly which type you need depends on the application.

After hearing the advice of several others (mostly Troy) I chose to replace my trigger (DPMS Sweet 16 varmint setup) with the Accuracy Speaks (~$150) single stage (3-4 lbs).  I haven't installed it yet, but will post my experiences and results as soon as I have time to install it and do some shooting.

Link Posted: 2/13/2002 12:55:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got the Accuracy Speaks single stage and I think it's great.  If I wasn't spending so much on other things I'd put one in each of my ARs.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 5:42:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Are those kits easy to install for someone who has never taken his trigger assembly apart?

It couldn't be that hard could it???

It's not that hard.  Drive 2 pins out, remove existing trigger, hammer and springs and then replace with what ever you bought.

I tip is to get an extra set of pins, chuck them in a drill and sand them down about 1/100" or so and set up the trigger on these pins and then drive your real pins in displacing these undersized ones.

The reason I like the Jewell is it easy to adjust just by popping the rear pin and moving the spring tail to a different notch.  Tis comes in handy if you shoot matches where they weigh your trigger.  Also you can set it real light for bench shooting and then heavy it up if you're going for a walk in the woods, no tools required.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top