Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2002 3:01:08 PM EDT
the rock river arms detachable carry handle on my FN upper keeps sliding backward on the rails (toward the charging handle) per 40 rounds discharged, about 1mm at a time. Any of you have some non-permanent solutions that won't mess up my finish? Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 3:15:48 AM EDT
[#1]
This could have something to do with your problem: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=87543

Their handle was probably machined to fit their uppers.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 5:37:28 AM EDT
[#2]
My Model 1 Sales "FN" ( FN= made by whoever) had the same problem. My swann sleeve, #38, would not slide on because the receiver rail was to large. When I did get the sleeve to fit with a hair bit of sanding the receiver rail shoulders (/ \). I found that the receiver was too tall to zero the weapon. 8" high at 50 yards with maximum front sight elevation. Same problem with the carry handle.It was sent back for replacement Tuesday. Hopefully I will receive a upper that is in spec.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top