Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2002 11:34:50 AM EDT
I noticed on my recently fired brass that all of my case mouths are deformed (bent in)on one side. Is this from them bouncing off of the brass deflector, or is it something more serious?
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 12:19:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Is from doing the bounce off the deflector.

If your planing on reloading the cases, you can get a piece of velcro(bushy side) and apply it to the deflector to cusion the brass when it hits the deflector.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 2:20:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a brass deflector and my shell casings come out in perfect condition. My friend has a match AR with no brass deflector or forward assist, and the mouths on his cartridges come out dented on one side.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 2:21:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a brass deflector and my shell casings come out in perfect condition. My friend has a match AR with no brass deflector or forward assist, and the mouths on his cartridges come out dented on one side.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 3:05:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 3:21:11 PM EDT
[#5]
There doesn't have to be a brass deflector present to ding the mouth of the case.  I have a Min-14 the dents the mouth every time.  My Bushy aslso does this.  My Colt MT6601C never damages the brass.  Both AR's have the deflector.  

I think it has to do with the force of ejection.  If the ejector spring is strong enough I think if causes the mouth of the case to rotate far enough backwards to hit the deflector before the case has a chance to clear the deflector.  Then the case obviously bounces off the deflector.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top