Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2002 6:21:32 AM EDT
Men-
 Anyone have a Howa rifle that they like, dislike or are indifferent to?  I am looking at one of their varminter rifles to replace a ruger 22-250 that is sucking my will to live with inconsistency.

Thanks...

Tanker
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 4:02:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I almost bought one a while back in .308 . Looked nice, heard they were the same rifle as the Walmart Weatherby's. However I got a good deal on an older Rem 700, and had the action trued and rebarreled by Hart.

I heard they were good rifles, but I try to stay American, if I can. Just my $.02
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 7:10:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a heavy barrelled .308 with the heavy, walnut, S&W stock. It was an excellent rifle. Accuracy and trigger were as good or better than any of my Remingtons.

Only real downside is resale. No one wants to buy a used Howa.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 7:42:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a heavy barreled Varmitter in .308.  Got it last year for $390. I put a 4.5 - 14x Leupold LRT on it.  Nice set-up. Using Federal match 168Gr Ammo.  I get just under an inch at 100 yds.  I like the rifle. The only down side is the trigger.  I monkeyed with it and reduced the pull weight a bit, but it is still gritty and has an awfull creep.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top