Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2002 5:00:37 PM EDT
Saw a Daewoo 9mm at the gun show. Didn't notice a model#. They said it was a 10 shot .
I've never seen one before. They wanted $264.00 for it . Came with one mag. Anybody know anything about it??

Thinking of going back Sun. and getting it (just 'cause I don't have a 9mm right now ,and it's cheap)

Thanx for any info.

Link Posted: 2/9/2002 5:30:36 PM EDT
[#1]
A friend of mine has one and he loves it. It should be the one with the fast action trigger system if I remember correctly. It is a nice pistol and I believe it can also use S&W mags too.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, The guy said something about the fast action trigger.  Thanx,might have to get it .....'cause I don't hve one
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 6:36:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Hasn't that trigger system (and maybe that same gun) been around for some time?  I remember seeing it at a show back in '93.  You chamber a round, then decock the hammer, but the DA pull is greatly reduced for the first shot?  Very confusing, because it seemed like the trigger had three stages of operation:  DA, Light DA, and SA?  Anyway, I thought they had a carbine version of that same pistol?
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 6:59:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Caveman,  The Daewoo pistol you saw was either a model DP51 or the DP51C. The DP51 is the full size model and the DP51C is the compact version.  I have one of the compact models.  They are one of the most accurate handguns that I have fired.  Very nice to shoot.  I even used it when I took my CCW class.  The fast action trigger is an interesting feature.  When you load a round into the chamber, the hammer stays back just like any other SA/DA pistol.  You then can apply the safety like a 1911.  Now, here comes the fast action feature!  You can then push the hammer forward.  You now have a trigger pull that is the same length as a DA, but light like a SA.  As you squeeze the trigger the hammer will come back, then fall like any other SA/DA.  The pistol is not designed to be fired in the DA mode.  I don't know if it will accept S&W mag, altho I will check this out if I get the chance.  I hope that this info helps.  

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 7:15:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Vulcan94,
 It looked like a compact. Thanx for the info .

Gonna havta go buy it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 1:26:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Got it. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. Spent the day at the range shootin' the Cetme I bought yesterday. Made it to the show just before it closed. I'll have to stop on the way home tomorrow and try it out.

If I can get it out of the wifes hands long enough.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 1:32:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 7:25:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I love this gun! It makes me look like I can shoot.
It took about 2 mags for me to get used to the trigger pull.
After that I was shooting about 2" groups at 7 yards.

Gonna have to get another one, maybe a full size.
Mrs. Caveman wants this one

Can't complain too much though, she didn't say anything when I bought the CETME and about 6,000 rnds of assorted ammo Sat.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 7:45:17 PM EDT
[#9]
The shape of that grip sure is comfortable, isn't it.  

Daewoo made the DR200 and DR300 rifles (and their pre-ban brethren), the DP51/DP51C you now have, the DP40 which is the same gun in .40, and they made a very nice copy of the Walther PPK.  And every one of them are nice as can be.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 5:06:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top