Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2002 6:06:59 AM EDT
What I have:
1)  ArmaLite M15A4 - new
2)  Vertical pistol grip (Knights)
3)  Pistol grip - already changed to one        more suitable for bigger hands.
4)  Green Beam 520nm laser (Day visible)
5)  Leupold VX-II, 1-4X20MM (Field of view 75' at 100 yards.)
------------------------------------------------
What I need/want:

Rail-system and Tac-light recommendations - plus anything else I've missed.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 6:32:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Would recomend the Sure-Fire for the Tac light.  Extremely good if you got the scratch.  Cant comment on rail system, no experience with one.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 8:28:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Get the handle and front sights....in case you want to go with iron sights sometime.....think about a free floater....too many out there I think....I put rubber butt pads on my ar`s....std a2 stock too short for me.....panther plugster for the bottom of std grip...I like the flip up style front site....the bushmaster mags are top quality.....got some high caps recently.....[thermold & center ]...hav`nt used them yet......what else?.........
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 8:41:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I just put the extra long SWAN sleeve on mine with the flip up rear sight.  I added the front sight too, and moved my red dot all the way forward.  This works great for me.  The dot falls right on the front post and it is great.

I kind of wish I had bought the fold down front sight, but this is my first AR so I am learning what I like.  I probably will pick up that folding Bushmaster front sight. I plan to switch to the Reflex sight with Triangle on a low profile mount.

I have thought real hard about that new surefire front grip with light.  I love my Surefire on my shotgun.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 8:49:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Was thinking about a delta cheekpiece also........not sure......just get ALL the catalogs and go thru them.....I`d buy everything if I could afford it....then use what I like most........[jeesh....age of excess].........
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 9:06:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Was thinking about a delta cheekpiece also............

B&G, he's got a flat top receiver, he doesn't need it. The Armalite 1 piece scope mount puts the scope at the right level. The Delta cheek piece is intended for raising the stock weld up to the height of an A2 carry handle.

Semper Fi
Dave
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 9:45:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I should have mentioned this earlier but I'm not even going to put iron sights on the rifle.

That should give you a good clue as to how I shoot with iron sights !

SureFire Tac light - which one to get ? and still have to find some sort of rail integration system ?
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 9:49:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Was thinking about a delta cheekpiece also............

B&G, he's got a flat top receiver, he doesn't need it. The Armalite 1 piece scope mount puts the scope at the right level. The Delta cheek piece is intended for raising the stock weld up to the height of an A2 carry handle.

Semper Fi
Dave

Actually I have an extra stock cover from an old AR-180 'sniper-kit' and I'm going to put that cover on the stock.  Changes no elevation but what a great cheek-weld and feel.

This thing is made of some sort of neoprene/nomex kind of stuff - wish ArmaLite still made it.
5subslr5
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 1:22:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Any one have a SureFire tactical flashlight source ??
Maybe an M-962P Model ??

Any opinions about Insight technologies and their Tac Light ??
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 2:11:34 PM EDT
[#9]
The millet scope mounts on my a10...cause it to sit pretty high up..........
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 11:14:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Good surefire source is Donnie Pridemore at sableco.net.  His prices are always the lowest I have seen on the web.  I think Sometime he will even sell at a price lower than what he has listed.

UWS.com is good too
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 2:52:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Good surefire source is Donnie Pridemore at sableco.net.  His prices are always the lowest I have seen on the web.  I think Sometime he will even sell at a price lower than what he has listed.

UWS.com is good too

Thanks I'll check him out - just found out that Wes Grant MSTN also handles SureFire.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 3:49:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the help !

I wound up buying the 'SureFire M961P TAC Light' and am putting it on the rail just in front of the Knights Vertical pistol grip.
The Green beam laser is attached to the barrel.
-----------------------------------------------

There is a Knights RAS kit, the "M5 RAS" that costs $339.00 includes a handguard change and will fit the ArmaLite M15A4 or M15A2 with 20" barrels.
(I'm finding out whether or not there's a Knight's RAS for the ArmaLite M15A4 Carbine ?)
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 8:31:10 PM EDT
[#13]
If it’s like my Armalite, you might as well go ahead and re-stake the carrier key properly.

IMHO a better trigger is also a good investment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top