Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2002 2:20:28 PM EDT
After being happy with 2 Benelli M-1 S-90's I came across a deal on a Beretta 1201 like new for 450.00. I bought it thinking it's pretty much a stripped down M-1 S-90. I like it except it won't pattern with anything I've tried. Does anyone have a load that will stay on a silouette at 25 yards? With my Benelli's, 870, and 590 they will usually put all 9 pellets in the black. Not this gun. I talked with my gunsmith and he advised me that the barrel was too thin to put in screw in chokes. Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 3:44:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Take the rifle down to a smith who can back bore the barrel.

Have him stop short of the choke and it will tighten up the pattern. You are not changing the choke, but opening up the barrel before the choke.  This will tighten up the pattern, and the rifle will kick less due to a longer forcing cone.

If your local guy can not do the work, You could try Briley.

www.briley.com

P.S. If your not happy with the rifle, I'll take it off your hands for the price you paid.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 5:07:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 5:28:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Sebastion County Dude
Try the local guys at Batesville.
They do better work than VangComp,they are close and they are cheaper to boot.
cpermd
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 5:31:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the answers. These should give me a place to start on my current project. Now for some tritium, a Surefire, sidesaddle, and a good sling and I'll be in business.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top