Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2002 8:21:06 PM EDT
Does any one out there have experiences, good or bad, with Nikon scopes?  I was thinking of picking up one of their 3.5-10x50.  Its cheeper than the Leupold and looks very clear.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 9:29:16 PM EDT
[#1]
NIKON scopes are very good.
When I got my first Leupold, I was extremely impressed with the scope and the packaging.
I avoided Leupold for a long time, but got some good deals on a few.  I think they are one of the best investments I've made in this hobby.
The NIKON equipment I have is excellent stuff, too.  It doesn't have the same 'feel' as the Leupolds, though.  
The NIKON stuff feels a little more specialized and delicate.
The Leupolds feel 'American', if that means anything.
Just an observation.
I like my NIKON scopes and binoculars and spotting scope just fine.
Get the Monarch or ATB types if you go NIKON.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 10:01:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Nikon makes a very good scope.That said I too prefer Leupold.But I wouldn't turn down a good deal on a Nikon! YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 10:17:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I own several nikon scopes and love them I think they are the best scopes for the money. I am planing on buying another one soon. Leupold scopes are also excellent I dont own any but have shot over several. I guess it comes down to your personal preferance and which optic has the features you want.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 5:20:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I have many different brands of scopes. In a comparison of scope brightness, image clarity and color, they rank as follows.
Nightforce
Nikon
Leupold
Burris
Swarovski (yellow image)
Simmons
Russian
Bushnell
Tasco
Red Chinese
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 5:30:53 AM EDT
[#5]
My opinion is similar to DnPRK. With the exception of Nightforce, which I've never owned. I would also put Baush and Lomb near the top. However I think they are now marketed as Bushnell Elites. Nikon is one of my favorites and thier binoculars are outstanding in the ATB Monarch line.
Top Top