Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2002 12:24:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 12:27:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Or you can be like me and not clean it in over a year.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 1:01:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Troy-
Two ideas about this.

One is take your Hogue grip and trim to fit, leaving the backstrap open for disassembly.
This would require gluing the forefront of the
'Ho-Grip' to the pistol.
I did this to my KlintonSporter L1A1.  It worked.

Two, does the speed strip kit void the Ruger warrantee?
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 1:07:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 1:13:43 AM EDT
[#4]
OK.
How's it work?
I saw this in an article once and thought I might get one for my MkII.
I've got the Hogue fingergroove grip on mine.

Or, I could learn to strip it the factory way, but, hey, why torture myself?!
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 1:28:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 2:56:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 3:02:48 AM EDT
[#7]
You mean you have to clean a Mark II...crap..why didn't someone tell me that!

No, I do clean mine....sometimes..

raf,
you mentioned about having a light hammer..why would this conversion not work with that?  I have Titanium internals..just wondering.

Thanks
medcop
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 4:01:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I can see how this gadget would be useful for oddball grips, but not otherwise. I don't recall having to disassemble the ENTIRE gun for field stripping, only removing the mainspring assembly and bolt. What's so terribly difficult about takedown? For reassembly as long as the hammer's placed in the down position and the hammer stirrup fits into the recess in the mainspring housing, everything works.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 5:04:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 5:47:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
raf,
you mentioned about having a light hammer..why would this conversion not work with that?  I have Titanium internals..just wondering.

Thanks
medcop

The hammer in question may work perfectly well with other match-grade aftermarket internals.  I can't say.  However, as hammer and sear are a matched pair in most match-grade pistols, I would be very hesitant to initiate a divorce.
In like fashion, it is usually considered unwise to install hammer, sear, and trigger from differing manufacturers, and expect them to work as well as pieces all of which are from the same manufacturer of match-grade components.
For standard-grade components, the concern is still valid, although of much less importance.

That makes sense...thanks!

medcop
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 1:52:47 PM EDT
[#11]
There is another reason for installing Dino's neat little gizmos on your Ruger rimfires. Guns stripped for cleaning in this manner retain tighter tolerances much longer. This is why the US Army pistol team put them on their Rugers and why I have them on mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top