Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2002 2:11:23 PM EDT
OK my question is, I am wanting to put night sights on her but dont know what to buy or where to buy them. Any help would be great thanks alot for your help!
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 4:31:06 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's the 1445 Limited model, you're in luck - you already have a dovetail on the front of the slide. If not, you'll need to have the dovetail cut.
The best bet is probably the one from Wilson's Combat - you send them the slide and they make the cut(s) as necessary and install their sights for around $175 (last time I checked). They have a quick turnaround on this service. If I remember correctly you have a choice between the Wilson "Night Eyes" or the Novak style rear sight.
My info may be a little outdated since I haven't checked it out in a few years. Best to inquire with them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 7:46:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks gus
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 7:54:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
OK my question is, I am wanting to put night sights on her but dont know what to buy or where to buy them. Any help would be great thanks alot for your help!

I got the PTW/IWI two tones the last few times and was very happy (at one point, I think that the install was free).  Cost was about $75.

Then the last install, on a P13 LTD, they said they could fit the factory adjustable rear with the tritiums, rather than replacing the blade or sight.  In short, they butchered it, and the Tritium blew out after three rounds of ball.  They repaired them (allegedly buried deeper) and they went on the first round.  After the last trip, they have lasted through a couple of hundred rounds, but they kept the pistol for over six weeks, charged me for return shipping, and got snippy about it.  Cost was about $155, after shipping.

Hesco/Meprolights work fine, as do Trijicons.  Cost should be about $65 or so, plus installation.  Look in Brownells, or just tell your gunsmith what you want.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 1:38:11 AM EDT
[#4]
About goddam time you got serious about that gun! Your best bet would be to trade it in for a Glock 21.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 6:44:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
About goddam time you got serious about that gun! Your best bet would be to trade it in for a Glock 21.

WHY.... I was just going to have you show my wife your clock then she will get me one I mean her one I trade nothing. hehehehehehe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top