Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2002 3:13:42 PM EDT
Any lefties here shoot the M1A or the M14? Any problems? Specifically did you get brass in the face?
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 3:19:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a Springfield M1A and am left handed and have never had a problem with brass or anything else for that matter. Its a pleasure to shoot.
Dave
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 3:23:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Any lefties here shoot the M1A or the M14? Any problems? Specifically did you get brass in the face?

Me Too! I'm a lefty and shoot my Springfield M1A with no brass in the face...
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#3]
What kind of ammo are you using? Mil surplus or Match Grade.

I had problems with the Mini-14 though.  I put on an after-market scope mount which deflected the hot casings. Before that, they would land on my forearm and burn like hell.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 3:45:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't bought one yet, Looking to trade to get one. What ammo would you recomend? does a scope mount do the same thing on the M1A?
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 6:33:35 PM EDT
[#5]
No trouble with the M14 style rifles.  M1 Garands can be a B. to load two rounds.  No trouble with a stock Mini14.  Use mostly handloads with a few factory rounds from time to time except for shooting in John Garand Matches.  AR type rifles are very easy to shoot lefty, but I think the M14 style is easier to work the load and work the controls.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top