Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2002 4:28:46 PM EDT
Does anyone know about the gas system on the zm weapons lr300. Is it a op-rod or does gas still blow into the bolt and chamber.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 4:38:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure others can explain it better, but the gas does not blow back into the chamber.  It functions more like an AK with a gas piston.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 4:43:25 PM EDT
[#2]
So does it have its own compartment to blow the gas into,thus meaning no more dirty bolts,chambers etc. from the direct gas...
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 12:07:05 AM EDT
[#3]
The ZM system is basically a modified bolt carrier and fore-end. It emplys a rod assembly surrounded by a spring, housed in the forearm. During a cycle, the op-rod, which is attached to the bolt carrier, slides back towards the receiver, compressing the surrounding spring from the rear towards the same direction.

Here's a mag article link: www.gunsmagazine.com/Pages/0301ftr.html

I'm keeping a list of individuals who might be interested in a group purchase in the future, so if you're interested, send me your name and I'll add it to it. I will formally post it in the future for others who might be interested and build up the list for purchase submission to ZM. Allen Zitta, the ZM designer, informed me that he plans to introduce a quad MIL-rail & folding front & rear sights when he gets up to 200 orders.

The ZM seems to be a very reliable weapon system, though it doesn't come cheap. Member, "Duffy", has one - look him up if you want more info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top