Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2002 7:30:56 AM EDT
Thinking of selling/trading my DSA STG58-A.  Have about 25 rounds through it.  DSA HD scope mount. 6 Austrian mags ($8 variety from DSA's site).  

I'll probably be trading/selling it off at the HGCA show next weekend.

Slight idea for what it's worth, but making sure I'm not crazy.  Thinking probably between $600-$700... it's clean, little-shot, and has the extras.  But, don't know if I'm being crazy or not.  So, what do you guys think?  Paid $850 when I got it, paid another $100 total for the accessories.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 7:39:28 AM EDT
[#1]
$600 to $700?? If it's truly in the condition you described, even w/o the accessories I'd be cutting you a check. Texas huh? Why can't I run into at a show near me.......
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:00:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd suggest you ask no less than $800 for it; maybe even the $850 you paid for the base gun. Give yourself some bargining room, presuming you're going for a private sale and not to a dealer (who can get it for $795 new from DSA).

That being said, if you insist on selling it for $6-700, I'd be happy to send you a money order on Monday

Link Posted: 1/19/2002 10:03:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Why are you getting rid of it? I was thinking of getting one my self. I have pretty much settled on the STG58 because of all the recommendations here. So what's up?
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 7:21:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Why are you getting rid of it?
I have two DSA STG58-A FALs, one a standard (the one I want to trade), one a carbine.  I have a hankering for a M1A or an AR-10 (mainly an AR-10.. I've owned a M1A before, but never an AR-10).  

I'm getting married soon, so want to save some cash-outflow and satify my desire before I get married and the gun wagon slows to a crawl.  (she's a foreigner and is uncomfortable with the whole gun thing)  

There's nothing at all wrong with the gun or a DSA FAL... just want something different and trading it off/selling it for the cash toward a rifle I really want (especially when I have two of them) is more practical.

I highly recommend DSA guns, particularly the STGs.  They really are better than the originals, while retaining the spirit of the originals (the SA58s are fine... but their cheaper brothers are a better buy)
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:43:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm in Houston, will be at next weekend's HGCA show, and have been thinking about a DSA STG58 for over a year.  Maybe we can do a deal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top