Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2002 11:33:44 AM EDT

Above's a pic.

What do ya think of yours??? What caliber do you have?? Does it work well as a carry gun???

Anything you can tell me would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 1/18/2002 11:43:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have enough rounds through mine to know, but the pointability is pretty close to ideal for me (close to Hi-power).  

I think you will get a mixed bag of comments re: concealability.  If I wanted a CC pistol, I'd go for a Kahr or Kel-tec, but I am sure some love the compact for CC.

You should take a look at it in person.  It is a chunky tough looking item.  When I first saw the press release, I was not even slightly interested.  Only after I saw it in the store for a decent price did I get interested, and the thing has grown on me.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 11:57:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I have 2 compacts...a 9mm HE, and a .40 SS.  I love them both.  The 9mm I got NIB for $485 from a delaer that wanted to quit selling HK, and this was his last.  They both shoot incredibly well, and are fairly easy to conceal.  The .40 is definitely snappier, but still very controllable.  If your hands aren't very caloused, I'd recommend a Hogue sleeve as the grip checkering can be kinda rough.

I have about 1500 rds thru each gun with not a single failure.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 12:05:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I carry a USP .45 Compact daily. I really like it - it's a chunky little fu(%er, but it is very accurate.  My SHTF pistol is a USP Tactical, so I have the same manual of arms.  I carry cocked and locked.

Check www.comp-tac.com for a really nice paddle holster.  Really comfy, and the one for the full-size USP has a sight track deep enough to take the Tac's raised front sight.

I LIKE it.

QS

Edited to add:  Be careful about buying a Tac...you'll find yourself with a suppressor pretty damn quick!
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 12:07:03 PM EDT
[#4]
My father WX has the USP40c SS.  Its a sweat gun.  I love to shoot it.  Very accurate and controllable.  I have the full size 45 and absolutely love that gun.  For me there is no other handgun.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 3:22:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Great gun - 100% reliable, good ergonimics (at least for me, some complain that the checkering on the back of the grip it too sharp).  However, it does push the upper boundaries of a "compact".  Depending on your "compactness" ;), it may not conceal so well.  I have a much easier time shooting with the extended baseplate mag, but when wearing just a tshirt, you can definately tell _something_ is there.  With the flush baseplates, it does hide a bit better.

Rocko

Rocko
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 5:59:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got two of the full size USP 40's, the stainless and the black. They both shot awesome, they carry well behind the back, and neither have never miss-fired.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 6:44:29 PM EDT
[#7]
 I have a .40 Compact USP and I'm very impressed with it. My agency tested several prospective new duty weapons last month with the USP coming in a very close 2nd to the SIG 229's. This was for a duty weapon, not a CCW or off duty weapon.
 We contacted a few Agencies that carried USP's and apparently they are a very long lived pistol, hold up well and have an expected service life well in excess of 20,000 rounds. They are +P+ rated and we heard of very few problems from Agencies using them as duty weapons.
 I was so impressed I bought one for myself as an off duty weapon. The .357 SIg conversion is next.

Also go to the HK PRO site, great forums regarding all things HK.

FN
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 6:45:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Got a 45 Compact. Carry it every day, all day. GREAT gun. Shoots very well. You'll love it!
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 6:47:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I carry the USP 40 compact - LEM.

I bought one, but my wife liked it so much that it became her primary pistol.  I just bought another one.  

The LEM trigger is the slickest damn DAO trigger out there.

I got the DOJ-INS issue w/ 3 10-rd mags, fixed night-sites, all in a slim brown box.  My dealer had to swap out the 12rd mags for 10 rounders - (damn)

But after carrying the Glock 23 for nearly 5 years, I thought I wouldn't find a better pistol.  In the HK USP 40 C LEM, I did.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top