Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2002 6:29:52 PM EDT
Anybody know if you can mount a sidesaddle shell carrier on a Benelli M3?

It looks like the pump action forarm would cause some problems.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 9:11:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes you can mount a side saddle and yes it will block the pump from coming back far enough to cycle the weapon in pump mode.

You can saw off enough of the sidesaddle carrier to allow the pump the full range of motion and you will still be able to carry 5 shells (I think, it might be four) in the sidesaddle.

If my digital camera was here I could dig through my junk boxes and pull out the sidesaddle I used to have on my M3 and post a photo for you.

I took it off when I added a buttstock carrier.  With the magazine full, the rounds on the buttstock, and a full sidesaddle the gun was just to slow to move.  It handles better for me without the sidesaddle than it did with it.  Plus it's that much thinner.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 2:24:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Doesn't Tacstar (are you talking about their saddle?) also have a 4-shell sidesaddle?  You may want to try that...4 isn't as good as 6 but is better than nothing.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 6:59:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the responses guys.

Phil did you modify your sidesaddle?  If so I would like to see a picture if you get a chance.

The do make a 4 round now, which I will take a look at.

Thanks again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top