Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2002 7:03:37 AM EDT
I've already posted this in General Discussion.
Here's the link - please read & advise.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=84416

Thanks in advance,

-kid
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 12:33:27 PM EDT
[#1]
You don't see a deal like this every day - jump on it.

Sigmas will always be plentiful on the used market, and if they're not, well, no loss.

Besides, the Colt will only appreciate in value, especially if left in box-stock condition.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 12:39:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn skippy you should.
cpermd
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 10:44:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Damn skippy you should.
cpermd

Skippy?  

Thanks for responding in both threads!
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 10:51:33 AM EDT
[#4]
buy it for me and Ill give you an extra 50 bucks....
YOU DONT HAVE IT YET....ONCE IN A LIFETIME..OK RARELY DOES AN OPPORTUNITY LIKE THIS COME ALONG...you should have it already...nothing else buy it put in oiled storage bring it out in twenty years and make some money with it...or pass it along to a kid or grandkid...what a hero you will be
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 11:02:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
buy it for me and Ill give you an extra 50 bucks....
YOU DONT HAVE IT YET....ONCE IN A LIFETIME..OK RARELY DOES AN OPPORTUNITY LIKE THIS COME ALONG...you should have it already...nothing else buy it put in oiled storage bring it out in twenty years and make some money with it...or pass it along to a kid or grandkid...what a hero you will be

It isn't in my posession yet, but it's not going to get away.  The guy who has it for sale is not hurting for money.  He's given me his word that I can buy it.

I'm waiting a couple of weeks (which is cool with him) 'cause we're supposed to get our end of the year bonus by 1/31/02.  I'd rather do it that way and keep the Sigma because my 15 year old daughter, Jennifer has a real interest in shooting, has become proficient with it, and got really upset the last time I mentioned parting with it.  If I have to sell it, and try to convince her to like the 1911, I will.  I won't know 'till the end of the month.

If I thought it was going to get away I'd call my dad & have him buy it to hang onto for me.  He'd do it in a heartbeat too, 'cause he just spent $1K on a stainless 80 series Gold Cup.  If things get hot I'll snatch it up in a heartbeat.  For now, I've been told, there's no hurry.  These are "old-fashioned honorable men" - their word is good.  (I've known 'em more than 20 years.  They definately are not hurting for cash.....)

edited to add:  Thanks for the encouragement though!!  It lets me know I am making the right move here!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 4:13:07 PM EDT
[#6]
You have a lucky daughter a3kid!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top