Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2002 1:54:07 PM EDT
want to get an AK soon, and dont know squat about them.  At least I am honest..huh?
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 2:26:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Since it will be your first, go with 7.62X39.  You can go with a SAR 1 which comes with the pistol grip stock.  The only think about them is their finish SUX.  What I reccomend is getting a MAC 90(the finish is much better than Romanian guns) and swapping the fire control group, gas piston and pistol grip for USA Made parts.  This way you can attach the original ak stock and still comply with section 922.  Rember AK's arent made for accuracy but with good ammo I have NEVER had a jam.  Email me is you have other questions.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 2:49:59 PM EDT
[#2]
So far the best dedicated AK-47 forum is ak-47.net.  Lots of sub forums and is set up a lot like ar15.com which also has an AK forum. assaultweb.net also has a AK sub forum which has some good info.      
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 3:22:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 3:23:54 PM EDT
[#4]
You want info on the AK, here ya go...

http://eel.st.usm.edu/~leleuter/gunlinks.html

7th
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 5:49:17 PM EDT
[#5]
If you want to know about AK's, CampyBob is "Da Man"
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 5:48:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Gotta plug our own, ya know:

ak.ar15.com
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:16:44 AM EDT
[#7]
AK-47.net was good once.  The most knowledgeable from that site have since moved to the AK site here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top