Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2002 4:51:43 AM EDT
Has anyone else seen these? Know of any sources for other than the 2" model?

Just picked these up but all they had was the 2" model. I think that they're made by ergo. The material is a stiff plastic. You snap them on the rail and the cross pieces fit into the female portion on the picatinny rail. They then protrude about 1/16".

When you grip the rail your holding rubber, not metal. I put 2 together at the 3,6 and the 9 position where I usually grip my rifle.

The nice thing is that they don't increase forend diameter like the KAC covers.  

Sorry about the crappy photo..

Link Posted: 1/1/2002 6:08:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 6:23:14 AM EDT
[#2]
A set of those as well as a set of wider non-slotted covers came with my forward grip from Ergo. I picked up my grip and rail from Shawn at Cav Arms. It was one of only a few that was sent to him as a sample.

Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:23:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Interesting.  How fragile is it?

There seems to be two generations. The first was more rubbery. The second gen seem a little stiffer and really lock onto the rail nicely.

I haven't live fired them yet but they seem quite durable.

I'd actually like to do the entire rail that why I was wondering about longer sections.

I think I'll post over at the Cav forum to see if they can point me in the right direction.

Here it is: ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=82447
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 10:47:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Olympic Arms has them I believe.  

Meant to fit their FRISH system.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 10:52:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Shawn at Cav Arms has them for half the price that Olympic wants for them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top