Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2001 10:29:40 AM EDT
Was thinking of buying a rock river arms M4 style flattop upper to attach to my BM shorty A2. Will the fit and finish be okay. The BM complete upper is a little pricey. What's your thoughts?
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 2:07:32 PM EDT
[#1]
The reason that the BM is a little more is that they are Mil-Spec. Chrome lined bore and chamber, where the RRA is not (as far as I know). But all I've heard is good things about RRA.
But I've been thinking about getting one of the LE carbine uppers with the mid length handguards (the new LE i peice upper, not the one with the detachable carry handle).
But all i've heard is good things about RRA.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 2:20:16 PM EDT
[#2]
In the RRA Forum people have mentioned putting a RRA upper on a BM lower with no problems. I have the flat top upper you mention, but on a RRA match lower.
I ordered mine with the detachable front sight and Weaver style gas block. Great piece! It is true that they do not have chrome lined barrels, but that will make it more accurate.
You will have to decide which is more important, accuracy or a little easier cleaning.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top