Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2001 6:31:07 AM EDT
After months and months of research, budget making, and good ole fashioned obsessing, I have joined the club and purchased my FIRST personal use AR-15!  I bought a brand spanking new (just cleaned the packing grease off it) Bushmaster Dissipator Carbine in a regular A2 configuration.

Keep in mind that this was after about four months of obsessing literally night and day about which configuration of AR-15 to buy. ( My wife said that I talked about it in my sleep lol)

Here is the reasoning behind my choice.

1.  I wanted a 16in bbl for the light weight and easy handling.

2.  I wanted chrome lined bbl and chamber

3.  I wanted a FULL sight radius so that I could make the rifle perform as well as I can perform.

4.  I am an "iron sight kind of guy" but I can still add optics latter is needed.

I am so happy that I am almost giddy like a school boy! hank
I would also like to thanks Goatboy for hosting this site.  Without it many of us Ar-15 newbies would remain in the dark.

Thanks all
Kai
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 6:34:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I am so sorry to hear that you have been tricked into getting this evil rifle! You will never have any money again, and nothing else will be fun anymore! Welcome to the club.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 6:37:16 AM EDT
[#2]
welcome aboard, soon-to-be-broke-guy!!!

just wait until you start obsessing about which optics, mags, ammo and accessories to buy! hee, hee...

Link Posted: 12/28/2001 7:20:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Get some mags, get some ammo, get some mags, get some ammo.
Welcome to the club, and its down hill from here on out!
c-rock
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 7:23:34 AM EDT
[#4]
You think that buying the AR was an obsession?

Wait 'til you start buying mags for it.  Many fine men have had to enter therapy for their magaholism.  It's a terrible affliction.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 7:32:53 AM EDT
[#5]
We've got to post some sort of warning about these Black Rifles... Fall under the spell, the madness begins... money disappears, you walk around the house muttering nonsense about 'rebarrel this' and 'forged chrome-lined that', those black rifles start breeding under the bed and in the closet, parts and pieces everywhere you look, your family and friends start staying away, whispering you've been possessed by Black Rifle Voodoo, you get a silly smirk on your face whenever you see one of your babies, and shooting them?  Well, Nirvana would be the closest word...

Obsession?  Madness?  Na, just a little bit of that 'ol Black Magic...

Ain't it grand???
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 7:45:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Welcome aboard, and I am going to agree with the others. Once you look at your mag collection in a couple of years and think of how many guns you could of bought with that money, you will then know that you are in serious trouble.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 7:48:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Welcome aboard, I can only say....reload, I just ordered 1000 once fired tto make all new again
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 7:51:23 AM EDT
[#8]
You...You mean its NOT abnormal for the obession?  I don't need theropy, just new magazines and Ammo!  Wait till the wife hears!.  

The funny thing is that I have been contemplating how I am going to smuggle in new assesories for my new Bushy.  Hide them in closet?  In the tool storage room?  If my wife finds out that I am spending more money she will kill me.....oh choices choices.

At least I am not as crazy hought
You are all like this aren't ya? Well Aren't Ya?

Me: No honey, I PROMISE not to spend any more money....Honest h

Me inside my head:  How can I fool this shrew into thinking I have not spent anymore money on my beautiful little black rifle. head:

Thanks all
Kai
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 8:11:06 AM EDT
[#9]
I to believe this is some sort of illness or affliction. I bought myself a Dissipator A3 version in early December. I have already accumulated 9 mags. And a complement of ammo. Yesterday I ordered a Aimpoint from SWFA (to good a deal to pass up) and now I`m looking at A.R.M.S. mounts. I can`t stop myself. I also know it won`t be long before I have to buy a variable high power scope as well. Where will it end?
hacko.gif
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 8:14:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Congrats, Bushmaster is a great buy, and the Dissapator is one of my personal favorites.  It's my car gun. Packed and ready with a forward mounted Reflex II, and lotsa loaded mags.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 8:17:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I have an A2 Dissipator as well. Only thing I have done to it is to add a Wilson Combat Muzzle break. Extremely functional and makes the gun look awesome as well. Mine did however require it to be sent back to BM to have the barrell re-indexed, the gas tube sealed, and the carrier key sealed. Only took 13 days from the day I sent it off until I got it back. Great customer service. Dissipators are very nice shooting as well. As others have said, stock up on ammo and mags.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 9:42:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Welcome to the club! Did they tell you about the secret handshake? Did they tell you about covert optics, mags, and accessory buying missions? Listen and learn grasshopper.

hehehe
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 10:05:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Now that you got your first AR, let us talk you into getting a safe......He! He! He! and then some more ARs.

Welcome to the club!
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 10:13:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Welcome aboard I to just picked up my first AR.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 10:18:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Welcome to the club. I'm about to lose my M-16. But I still have my preban CAR-15!!!
Now, If only I could get the USMC to gift the M-16 to me!!! That would be a nice exit bonus!!!!

and by the way, I still only have 6 mags of my own,and no extra parts (yet). Have to turn in the post bans back in.

Link Posted: 12/28/2001 10:41:40 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
After months and months of research, budget making, and good ole fashioned obsessing, I have joined the club and purchased my FIRST personal use AR-15!  I bought a brand spanking new (just cleaned the packing grease off it) Bushmaster Dissipator Carbine in a regular A2 configuration.
Thanks all
Kai

Congrads! Now you have got to get some magazines.  AFter that small spare parts.  Look at something like the contentns of the small spare kit offered by Bushmaster.  Go to a local gun show and get those parts.  There has been talk of new laws regarding spare parts that has been discussed at the federal level. Have fun!
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 3:03:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Welcome to the club P_K.  I can remember my first AR...I remember saying to myself, "why do I need this ugly thing?"...well years later I still ask myself that when I get another one.  I feel your pain.  Welcome and enjoy!
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 5:42:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Welcome to our humble home. I used to be "into" these types of rifles back in the late '80s. Then I sold them all and started buying hunting firearms. I found this site last May and was sucked right into the madness. Since May I have been forced to buy a pre-ban AR-15, a post-ban AR-15, an underfolder AK-47, a post-ban AK-47, and I am probably going to buy an AR-10 in about a month. I have been a bad boy though. Every time I want to buy mags, I buy a gun instead. I only have one mag for each of the AR-15s. But I do have a dozen Bulgarian waffles for the AKs. That has to count for something, doesn't it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top